This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 7, 2019 at 8:54 pm #4158213

malkaS

I've got a lot of views with translated strings that are defined as EN, but the site default language is HE. I see these strings at strings translation nicely.

After updating to the latest WPML (and latest Toolset), I had the following bug: at HE pages (default language), all translated views show EN strings instead of HE. Menus are translated nicely, only views have this issue. I've checked and at Strings Translation everything looks the same. At all other languages, everything works fine as well.

I had to restore the backup of the site, so I've got no backup info of the updated site.

July 8, 2019 at 8:34 am #4160005

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if you would be interested in emulating the same issue in our clean installation? We would only need to see this on the simplest instance there is. We don't have any information that there have been some issues with WPML and Views, however we would like to confirm this or exclude.

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: gfIt0PMG32g5

So do only minimal setup and spend as little time as possible on this, but just enough to get us working setup. 🙂 Let me know if you need any information or have any questions for me!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] After updating to the latest WPML, default language is broken in views’ is closed to new replies.