Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vassilisS 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 27, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4654477

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

We are registering the theme option strings this will assume the language of strings to be same as that of the site default language and hence you see the string registered in Greek.

However, this is not the case with other plugin strings, Almost all the plugin will have English as default language and it is registered in English as default.

Thanks for asking this question. I forgot to add another way to tell WPML that to tread All the registered strings in the English language. Goto WPML > Theme and plugin localization > localization options, Select the option "Assume language of the sting to be English " .

This option should uniformly apply the English language to all strings including the Theme options strings. Please check if that helps as well.

I suppose following the above-mentioned suggestion will resolve most of your issue, Deleting WPML and restart from the scratch is not an option at this stage.

I hope this helps you better.

September 30, 2019 at 5:54 am #4662427

vassilisS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!