This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 14, 2018 at 2:02 pm #2735643

judithK-5

I am trying to:
translate the buttons with string translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
the buttons on the Site were translated

Instead, I got:
lost the hole translations of the sites

My main Language is German. I want to translate the sites in english.
For that I duplicate the German site and put the button translate independently.
On the Website there a lot of name of buttons they repeat. I wanted to translate them with string translation. (see screen attached). After that all the site with that button lost the translation and they were german again 🙁

Is that the wrong way to translate the buttons?

September 17, 2018 at 6:16 am #2739719

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please check the attached image, you are trying to translate the *Produktübersicht* button which is part of a Page. Am I right?

Please open the page for edit in WPML Translation Editor and make sure you can translate the button text or not. Please check the following documentation for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] after using the string translation the translation on the site lost’ is closed to new replies.