This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Adriano.

Author Posts
January 22, 2013 at 1:49 pm #98268

Leonard

I am searching for a simple method to put the code<?php do_action('icl_language_selector'); ?>into the header- the position: middle or right. Also like to manage style. css, and make the flag appearance shorter. See attached image.
www,peacetraveler.eu/peace

January 22, 2013 at 3:13 pm #98308

Adriano
Supporter

Dear Leonard,

Put your code in header.php

Go to WPML > Languages and on section "Language Switcher Options" edit the "Additional CSS (optional)" text box with your css rules.

January 22, 2013 at 3:30 pm #98315

Leonard

Ok. But what css should I put here? (to make position right and flag boxes smaller)

January 22, 2013 at 3:43 pm #98318

Adriano
Supporter

Dear Leonard,

Try the css code below, I'm just placing the box:

#lang_sel_list{
      margin-bottom: 35px;
}

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

January 22, 2013 at 7:17 pm #98386

Leonard

how to make flag position right and language select position horizontal and not vertical (single not two lines)

January 22, 2013 at 7:29 pm #98389

Adriano
Supporter

Dear Leonard,

Please check this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/

For that you will not use widget, you need to put the code directly in your theme file.