Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.03 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm #6353949

scottG-11

I am trying to: Navigate to a post in a different language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The post in a different language

Instead, I got: Redirected to the home page for my native language

June 13, 2020 at 6:40 am #6363743

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

When I visit the link you shared above I am able to review all the language's available without a redirect

June 24, 2020 at 3:13 pm #6445939

scottG-11

Hello Bobby,

Yes the issue is still occurring on our end if I click the link it pulls up the post and then redirects to the home page

June 24, 2020 at 5:33 pm #6446927

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

The first time I visit your site following the link above I am redirected immediately, the second time I visit it works well.

It seems that you have enabled the browser language redirect which will always work the first time a user opens your site. Once they re visit or change the language it wont happen again until their cache is cleared.

The page here hidden link is not translated to en-us therefore since my browser is set to English I am redirected to the EN homepage due to the translation missing.

1. You can add a translation for all languages in this page or at least duplicate it over to the rest of the languages

2. Go to WPML->Languages=>Browser language redirection and deactivate the feature.

Let me know your results, please.

The topic ‘[Closed] Aggresive Redirect’ is closed to new replies.