Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
March 18, 2021 at 11:32 am #8341399

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

As per my original message, if the problem is still happening on YOUR site with the configuration of : non-WPML plugins deactivated except for Woocommerce and using the Storefront theme

then please send us a copy of your site IN THAT CONFIGURATION so that we can troubleshoot it locally to advance in finding a resolution.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Please send us the package using a file sharing service like WeTransfer and only include a download link in your next reply.

March 23, 2021 at 12:41 pm #8378485

Yvette
Supporter

When I click on the link you provided, I get the message that the files do not exist (see image).

Please try using WeTransfer.

When you respond, please also send me the steps I need to do to see the problem on your site.

Page-Not-Found.png
March 24, 2021 at 4:18 pm #8392361

Giancarlo

Hi, I edited the previous private message with all the info

March 25, 2021 at 8:28 pm #8403543

Yvette
Supporter

Please upload the product filter to this sandbox site so that I can get some feedback from our 2nd tier supporters:
hidden link

Thank you.

March 30, 2021 at 7:07 pm #8434215

Giancarlo

Hi, I managed to do it and the issue is now visible on the sandbox too

In the shop page, use the filters on the sidebar and you will see that they can't find any products:
hidden link

In the category page "accessories", they work again:
hidden link

April 1, 2021 at 8:06 am #8446293

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I can confirm that this is a compatibility issue that I can send to the Compatibility Team for more investigation and work.

However, I need to warn you that since there are already alternative plugins that do the same kind of function, the priority on resolving the issue will not be that great. I would recommend that you review the list of tested compatible plugins to see if any of them will meet your need:
hidden link

I would also like your confirmation that you understand that even if I escalate the issue, it may be that there is no resolution offered depending on the demand from other clients, the availability of alternative solution, the complexity of the compatibility issue, and other competing priorities for developer attention.

Thanks

Recommended-plugins-for-a-reliable-multilingual-site.png
April 5, 2021 at 4:53 pm #8468019

Giancarlo

Thank you very much, I will check your list.
your link is not working but I made it https://wpml.org/plugin/

Anyway, I see no plugins that do the same (AJAX filtering for Woocommerce) in that list. Can you point me to a specific page about filters?

April 6, 2021 at 8:08 am #8471313

Yvette
Supporter

There is no specific page but you can use the search filters with keywords to see if you find similar.

In the case that you find no other compatible plugin that does what you need/desire, then we can forward to the Compatibility Team for further work.

I just need to know that you understand there may be no quick fix/resolution for this as an ultimate resolution relies on:
- collaboration with the plugin author
- complexity of the integration work required
- market demand for this kind of solution
- other competing programming loads on our developers for our own product

April 6, 2021 at 8:16 am #8471337

Giancarlo

Ok, thank you. Please let's forward it to the compatibility team then, as I see no other AJAX filters in the list.

It may be interesting to understand why the "fallback" translated products are not seen on the main page, but they are in any other taxonomy / category page.

In the meantime, I will fix my website by redirecting the /shop page to the "men's" category. It is not ideal but it has no user experience issue

April 6, 2021 at 3:58 pm #8475297

Yvette
Supporter

Escalated to compatibility team for more work.

April 27, 2021 at 3:17 pm #8637111

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I have word back from the compatibility team. For the following reasons, we are asking you to contact the plugin author about this issue.

- there is no easy way to fix it on our end
- it only happens when products are set to "appear as translated"
- the plugin author has a lot of WPML customization in his code
- the plugin author is claiming compatibility

The only workaround we can offer you is to not set the products to "appear as translated" but to set them as "translatable" and duplicate the products to all active languages.