This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.21 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Amit 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
September 26, 2016 at 9:18 am #1099641

Amit
Supporter

WPML 3.5.2 added a very nice and requested feature in which if you are using languages in domains (e.g: mydomain.com / mydomain.es / mydomain.fr . etc...) you will keep being logged in across all the domains of your site. This is very helpful and nice since you do not need to login every time to modify something in one of your site's domains.

Unfortunately we have just found a small bug with this feature, and instead of doing this AJAX request (in an iframe) only once the requests are being sent too many times. This means that if you have many languages per domains you might be experiencing some performance issues.

What do you need to do:

* if you haven't noticed anything, just forget about it, the next WPML version will fix that issue and as I said above it's anyway affecting only clients using languages per domains with many languages.

* if you are noticing this but can wait - the next WPML release will include a fix for that

* If you are in a need to resolve now - we have a quick fix for you, please follow these steps:

1. Backup you database and files.
2. Connect to your web server via ftp
3. Locate your active theme folder and open functions.php file in text editor.
4. Add the following code snippet just at the bottom

add_action( 'init', 'remove_sso_callbacks' );
function remove_sso_callbacks() {
global $wp_filter;
$footer_callbacks = isset( $wp_filter['wp_footer'][10] ) ? $wp_filter['wp_footer'][10] : array();
if ( ! empty( $footer_callbacks ) ) {
foreach ( $footer_callbacks as $identifire => $footer_callback ) {
if ( is_array( $footer_callback ) && $footer_callback['function'][0] instanceof WPML_Language_Per_Domain_SSO ) {
unset( $wp_filter['wp_footer'][10][ $identifire ] );
}
}
}
}

* We will soon contact all the clients that reported that issue and offer a WPML fixed zip version, if you want one of those comment here below.

September 27, 2016 at 5:11 am #1101669

Amit
Supporter

This issue is resolved in our beta version available here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/#cms-beta-package-2

September 27, 2016 at 7:29 am #1101809

hildeD

We were having this issue too, It slowed down the site tremendously and I had to change it to languages per directory to work properly.
I will test this fix later today and keep you posted.

September 27, 2016 at 5:30 pm #1103028

reneS-10

The beta version is also causing new problems. When updating posts I get

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted.

When I disable WPML I get no errors. I hope you guys will come up with a solution quickly

September 29, 2016 at 11:36 am #1104638

Amit
Supporter

@renes-10 please open a new ticket and provide us there with a duplicator package - I am not sure the issue in your case is related to the SSO problem we have fixed. When you have a support ticket please paste it here, I'll follow on that.

September 29, 2016 at 11:49 am #1104657

hildeD

The beta worked as a charm in our case.
Since this new option is not needed for us, I just clicked the 'disable' button and everything runs supersmooth now.

Thank you!

September 29, 2016 at 3:30 pm #1104969

wannaphaO

Hi Amit,

I to have problem with domain per language. Only default language is working and ajax call is making huge umber of request to admin-ajax.php.
You can follow my ticket here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/using-different-domain-per-language-option-only-default-language-is-working/

My whole site get slow down by much ajax request continuously.
My domain : hidden link

Please let me know your thoughts on it what should I do.The site is live so causing a big problem for me as users are facing the issues directly.

October 3, 2016 at 2:27 pm #1107096

Amit
Supporter

this issue is resolved with WPML 3.5.3.1 release just now.

October 4, 2016 at 3:17 am #1107464

reneS-10

Hi

The issue seems solved however this does not work with Ithemes Security.

I have the feature Hide backend enabled - and after upgrade of the WPML to 3.5.3.1 I can not login. this works with 3.5.2

I have this in my .htaccess

RewriteRule ^(/)?New_backend_login/?$ /wp-login.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^(/)?wp-register-php/?$ /New_backend_register?action=register [QSA,L]

New_backend_loging is replacing the real loginurl.

October 5, 2016 at 1:08 pm #1108971

Amit
Supporter

@renes-10 - as I mentioned before, in order to be able to help you, I'd like to ask you to please open a new ticket where we can get a copy of your site so we can replicate and see what's causing this issue. Thanks!

The topic ‘[Closed] Domain per langauge – AJAX sign in requests lead to performance issues’ is closed to new replies.