This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 12:54 pm

cooldeep

I am trying to:

translate the tagDiv NewsPaper Theme footer entries.

I expected to see:
4 footer entries in the String Translation page. Earlier it used to display 4 footer entries only; even when I would delete those entries and re-scan the theme from Theme and plugins localization page, it would display all the 4 entries.

Instead, I got:
But since the past 2-3 days, the String Translation page is just displaying 3 footer entries, because of which I am unable to translate the texts under the footer entry 'admin_texts_td()'.

Also until yesterday, the footer translations weren't working, in spite of me translating the same! Today though the footer translations for the 3 footer entries that are being displayed on the String Translation page seems to be working.

July 31, 2019 at 7:12 pm #4317323

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please check the attached image. The *footer_text* string is showing as selected in WPML>>String Translation>>Translate texts in admin screens panel under *td_011* string domain. So have made any changes in Theme options or String Translation settings recently?

I have a request. Please upgrade the following configuration for the better performance of your site.

1) Increase *WP Memory Limit* to *256*(the minimum required memory limit for WPML is *128*). Please check the following links for more details

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

2) Increase the *MaxInputVars* of PHP settings to *10000*. Please check the following article for more details or contact your system admin/hosting provider for this purpose.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 31, 2019 at 8:39 pm #4317537

cooldeep

Hi,

I have increased the WP Memory Limit & MaxInputsVars as per your recommendation.

No, I haven't made any changes in Theme options or String Translation settings recently? I checked the 'Translate texts in admin screens' page, and noticed that the field 'tds_footer_text' was already selected. I still tried to click on the 'Apply' button but didn't find the button displayed anywhere in the page, and so couldn't save the changes made in this page! I then checked the String Translation page just to see if the 'tds footer text' field was loaded now or not, and it still hasn't! You must be knowing without the 'tds_footer_text' field getting loaded in the String Translation page, it' not possible to translate this string.

Please check attached screenshots.

August 1, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4321729

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have requested to increase the *WP Memory Limit* and *MaxInputVars* values because *Apply* button was not showing WPML>>String Translation>>Translate texts in admin screens. Similar issue are happening because of the Mememory execution error.

Today I noticed another strange thing. WPML>>Settings, WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML Configuration and WPML>>Translation Management pages are hidden for me. Please login with your credentials and check you are getting the same result or not.

I visited the page WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML Configuration page to add language configuration for the missing string. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

Please upgrade to the latest version of the Newspaper theme after a full site backup, then update the theme options(just resave) and make sure the missing string is showing for the translation or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 2, 2019 at 10:52 pm #4332803
cooldeep

Hi,

I updated my theme to it's latest version but still the problem remains UNSOLVED.

I can't still see the Apply button in the 'Translate texts in admin screens »' page in spite of making all the PHP changes as per your recommendation.

The WPML>>Settings, WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML Configuration and WPML>>Translation Management pages are VISIBLE for me. I logged in with the login credentials provided to you, and I too experienced the issues as you.Strange why this issue is happening!!!

I can share with you my logins, please enable private mode!

I also followed this tutorial: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wordpress-caught-an-error-with-one-of-your-plugins-wpml-multilingual-cms-2/#post-4264643 but in vain!

Please give an example as to how to make use of this tutorial: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

Thanks!

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-pages-are-hidden/

August 4, 2019 at 10:23 am #4336089

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. If you are able to access *Custom XML Configuration * field of WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML Configuration. Please add the following language configuration in the field and save the settings. Then visit WPML>>String Translation and make sure the strings are showing for the translation or not.

<wpml-config>
<admin-texts>
 <key name="td_011">
     <key name="tds_footer_text" />
     <key name="tds_footer_copyright" />
  </key>
</admin-texts>
<wpml-config>

I am enabling the private option for the next reply. Please share me the credentials.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 4, 2019 at 12:23 pm
August 5, 2019 at 6:25 am #4338133

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Happy to know the strings are showing for the translation again.

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the WPML pages hidden issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] All Footer Entries of tagDiv NewsPaper Not Getting Displayed & Not Translating’ is closed to new replies.