Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 1:47 pm #4190405

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

we are still working on this, as there might be a real compatibility issue.

You might try, however, to change the slug from "veranstaltungen" to "event". I couldn't find exactly where you do this (because I see everything in German) but it should be possible from the Bookly settings, and then to delete ALL other slug translations.
This should help with the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

July 16, 2019 at 11:33 am #4219641

carolinev-8

Hi Laura,

I've just tested the site out again, as I haven't been working on it for a couple weeks. Everything with the calendars seems to work EXCEPT individual event pages in Dutch. The Dutch calendar even works now, and seems to work to switch back and forth on one event from German to English.

There's one new event that my client has up, here's the URL for the individual event in each language:

German:
hidden link

English:
hidden link

Dutch (doesn't work, but my client did make a translation):
hidden link

I'm hesitant to make changes to the site on my last day before I'm away for 1.5 weeks, just in case it causes unexpected issues. So I've made a note to try your solution when I'm back on July 29th and will be in touch at that time on how it goes.

Thank you for your continued support!

July 17, 2019 at 7:33 am #4226687

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

when you come back, please try what I suggested in my last post - even if from this new scenario it would seem that translating the "event" Dutch slug could solve it.

I'll report this new situation on our internal ticket. I'm setting the status as "escalated to 2nd tier" here so it doesn't get closed while you are on vacation.

Please update me when you come back, and have a nice holiday 🙂

August 5, 2019 at 11:13 pm #4343227

carolinev-8

Hi Laura,

We're having some slight issues with the website (unrelated to WPML), so we need to rectify those and then I can address this option. I'll get back to you soon!

August 6, 2019 at 9:07 am #4345605

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

no problem at all, please take your time.

On a side note, I'll be off this month from the 9th to the 17th (12th excluded). My colleagues will cover the queue for me but as I think you'd prefer me to continue the work I can leave a notice for them and I'll check the ticket personally as soon as I can.

August 7, 2019 at 7:47 pm #4357927

carolinev-8

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your patience. The debug.log file had grown insanely large and was hindering the site speed and we couldn't make backups. So I've had to delete it now, and adjusted the code to stop writing it. So if you need a debug.log in the future, I'll have to create a new one.

I've checked out the slugs for the events and it has "event" for both Dutch and English. The German slug is "Veranstaltung" and I can't seem to change it to "event". The "original" translation is grayed out. If I change the original to English or Dutch, they drop down to be "Veranstaltung". I tried that and German bumps up to be editable (so I changed it to "event"), but then if I change it back to be the original translation, it's back to "Veranstaltung". I've attached screenshots. This setting is in Settings - Post Types Translation. I'm seeing everything in English now, perhaps because I'm currently in Canada.

Any thoughts? I noticed also now that only English individual event pages work. German has stopped working and Dutch has never worked. I can still see the calendar in all 3 languages though.

I very much appreciate your help! Thank you again 🙂

August 7, 2019 at 7:48 pm #4357995

carolinev-8

Another thought - is there a reliable calendar plugin that you can recommend that works with WPML well instead of this one? Maybe we should just switch the calendar plugin. This is the second one we've tried (the last one didn't work at all).

August 8, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4363747

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I think the plugin sets the slug depending on the site language - I tried to switch the default language to English and the slug was "event", but as soon as I change the language it becomes something else again.

So I think part of the issue could be that you are not using English as default language - I'll report this behavior in our internal ticket and we'll see what they say.

As for other plugins, the only tested are these: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=calendar&wpv_post_search=&wpv_filter_submit=Search
Of course there are many more calendar plugins but we can't assure compatibility for that.

August 9, 2019 at 12:42 am #4366359

carolinev-8

Hi Laura,

Thank you for that information. As you're off on the 9th, will someone else from your team follow up from the internal ticket's response?

In the meantime, I'll look into the other calendars. If it says there's known issues, I probably shouldn't choose one of those right? Sagenda looks like the only one 100% compatible.

Thank you for your help!

August 12, 2019 at 10:06 am #4379937

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we are still trying to figure out what's going on (using my copy of the site), so I don't know when we'll have a definitive reply.
What I got until now is that if you have a backup we can check directly on your site.

About the other plugins, yes if they have known issues they are not fully compatible. You need to check if the Sagenda plugin can work for you or not.

The topic ‘[Closed] All-in-One Timely Events Calendar shows individual events pages only in German’ is closed to new replies.