This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 13, 2019 at 8:56 am #3192642

hugoN

If I add a new link, wherever it is, all links are automatically converted back to those WPML sticky links, then all international links then refer back to the Dutch pages. Then I have to continuously convert the links to perma links in WPML.

Is it not possible to state in WPML that they are defaulted to perma links?

February 13, 2019 at 9:43 am #3192925

hugoN

The situation:
We have a site in 4 languages. The main is Dutch. When the WPML stickylinks are enabled, the link structure looks like this: ?p= "page id".
This causes problems on the international sites. When you click these links you go automatically back to the default language pages, and not the translated version of the page.

Due to this problem i changed the WPML sticky links to permalinks so i don’t have this issue. However, every time i now add a link to my site, all the website links change back to the ?p= "page id", and this will mess up the links structure again as i described above.

To change this i need to covert the links again to permalinks in the WPML Sticky Links tab. However, i need to this this every time i add a link to my site.

I hope someone has a solution for this.

February 13, 2019 at 9:29 pm #3196263

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Are you familiar with Sticky Links documentation?
Especially please take a look at this section.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/sticky-links/#linking-to-pages-in-a-different-language
Did you add the filter to the functions.php file of your theme?

The following is also most important to take care of.

1. Update WordPress and WPML + add-ons to their latest versions.
You are not using the latest version for WordPress and WPML including Sticky Links.
Please update everything and see if the issue persists.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

2. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 96M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.3 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above.
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform those procedures and see if they help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] all links are linking to the dutch version’ is closed to new replies.