This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Iberactiv 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 24, 2018 at 1:13 pm #2846342

Iberactiv

I am trying to: Revert sticky links to permalinks

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (now running with a clean copy of the database. When you're up to check it, please let me know and I'll switch to the other, so you can see the problem.

I expected to see: Links in each language pointing to the correct URL. For example, in hidden link the first link should point to hidden link as now when reverted all sticky links.

Instead, I got: The link above will point to hidden link (English version). All links in all languages point to the English URLs, and not their corresponding URL in each language.

October 25, 2018 at 3:01 pm #2850200

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @paulon-2, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

I'm not sure if I understood correctly ... you were using the sticky extension links and now you want to disable it?

How these links are generated on the website? THey are added using a page buider?

Please try the following:
- Go to WPML > Settings
- Scroll down to Translate Link Targets
- Click on Scan now and adjust links

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

October 29, 2018 at 1:04 pm #2858054

Iberactiv

Thank you, Diego.

I hadn't used this feature before, it almost solved the problem.

Most of the internal links were properly translated (496), but we've found around other 60 links that weren't translated or were replaced by the "ugly links" (with page IDs). I don't know why that happened, but we took the opportunity to check the site page by page and correct the links manually and detect possible errors of any kind.