This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
May 4, 2020 at 4:17 pm #6054911

mikeF-16

Hi,

I'm trying to translate all of my pages and I used the automatically translate option. After I translated all of the pages, which went really smoothly and fast. I never clicked complete on the pages, so my boss could check the translations. I kept the page open. When I wanted to close another page I made a mistake and pressed the wrong button - and closed the page with my translations. I thought that that wouldn't be a issue, so i came back to the translations tab, and now all of my translations are gone...

I hope to receive a message soon

May 5, 2020 at 6:43 am #6058019

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML.

If I understand correctly, you used Automatic Translation to translate content but didn't save the translations and since the pages are closed, the translations were lost.

However, all you should need to do is to resend that content to Automatic Translation. Our systems do not recharge you for the same content to be retranslated. So, when you send the content for Automatic Translation again, it should come back with nearly 0 new words translated and no cost.

Please try this with a small amount of content and let us know how it goes. We'll be happy to assist you further at that point. Please do understand that the original language content should be exactly similar (you can't change one sentence in a paragraph as the system might consider it to be new content with a different meaning).

Thank you and stay safe!

May 5, 2020 at 9:39 am #6059103

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Ignore this message, please. I'm just changing the status on this issue to await a response from you.

Best,
Izzi

May 5, 2020 at 10:03 am #6059487

mikeF-16

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I have already solved the issue, I just translated the content again with the automatic translate words I had left. But, it never showed already translated content. In the end we just had enough words. And the issue is solved.

Thank you Izzi for your help.

May 5, 2020 at 10:44 am #6060181

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Mike,

Glad you were able to solve this. If you were using paid-for translated words and feel you've been overcharged, please do let us know in a new ticket and someone from the ATE team will look into it!

Best,
Izzi