Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Product Variations are not showing in Product Edit page when WPML is active

Solution: Product Variations are not showing in Variations tab of Product Edit page(in default language) because of the corrupt settings in Database. It works as expected after the following steps.

1) Login to PHPMyAdmin and choose the database 2) Then open *wp_icl_translations* table 3) Login to site and deactivate WPML 4) Open a variable Product having the issue 5) Copy the ID of the product variation 6) Go to *wp_icl_translations* table 7) Search for the Product variation ID as *element_id* 8) Change the *language_code* to *fr* from *en* 9) Activate WPML and make sure the product variation is showing in the edit screen

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcD-40 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 13, 2018 at 3:08 pm #1516410

marcD-40

I am trying to: modify my variation products

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: /

I expected to see: see the details of my products

Instead, I got: nothing

As you can see on the photo, the variations exist but no way to make them appear. But in the website, customers can see them and buy them depending to the available stocks...

February 15, 2018 at 6:03 am #1518452

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Marc,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please let me know the following for tracking the issue.

1) Are you having the issues while editing a Translated Product(from English to French)?

2) Which option you have selected for *Product Translation Interface* of WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Multilingual>>Settings tab

3) Does it happen all the Products? Please let me know the steps to reproduce the issue. Becuase few of the products are showing variations for me -- hidden link

4) Please visit WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Multilingual>>Status tab and check you are getting any configuration warning or not

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 20, 2018 at 5:40 pm #1524006

marcD-40

Hello Bigul,

thank you for responding me. It took me a few days to come back to you because I didn't get the notification 😉

In fact, the variations are working but it is just impossible to modify them even if we can still see them on the public website.

I contacted woocommerce and they told me to deactivate all the plugins I have and activate one by one. Unfortunately it was wpml multilingual cms 🙁 when i deactivate this one, i can modify everything i want...

Thank you very much

Marc

February 21, 2018 at 1:49 pm #1524950

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the updates. Please let me know the steps to reproduce the issue on your site.

I would like to access admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Check the following links for more details about our private information sharing.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 22, 2018 at 4:04 pm #1526439

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the login information. But I the issue is existing for me when all WPML plugins are inactivated. Please check this screencast for more details -- hidden link

Please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 22, 2018 at 10:47 pm #1526866

marcD-40

Hello Bigul

thank you for your time but you didn't check at the correct place. you went to attributes (which work) but you should go to "variations".

I rechecked by deactivating wpml multi cms and as you can see it is working this way...

Is it possible for you check the debug by yourself please? i don't feel confident enough to do it by myself :/ you have the access right?!

Thank you

Marc

February 23, 2018 at 4:24 pm #1527765

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the feedback. I can reproduce the issue now. It is happening because of a conflict with the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. Are you using custom attributes for all Products?

Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 23, 2018 at 5:12 pm #1527806

marcD-40

hello 🙂

i m glad you found it.

Almost all of my products have variations yes and of course I allow you to do it 🙂

Let me know if you need something.

Thank you

Marc

February 26, 2018 at 7:59 am #1528793

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the permission. I made a duplicator package of your site and debugging the issue on my local server. The bug is existing after the initial debugging steps. Therefore I have forwarded the details to our second tier team for the expert advice.

We will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 26, 2018 at 12:10 pm #1529102

marcD-40

Super, thank you Bigul 🙂

Have a great day

Marc

February 27, 2018 at 7:26 am #1530020

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Marc,

For your kind information, the bug is existing after the primary investigation procedures. Therefore I am escalating the ticket to our second tier team for further debugging.

We will update you the status as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 2, 2018 at 10:36 pm #1534878

marcD-40

Hello Bigul,
how are you?

did they find solutions to the wpml problems? I am not able to work correctly by updating my products since i installed wpml so it would be very nice it to be solved asap...

thank you

Marc

March 5, 2018 at 7:14 am #1535746

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Marc,

For your kind information, we have traced the reason for the issue. It is happening because the Product variations default language is stored as *English* instead of *French* in the icl_translation table. It works for us when we edit the language code manually to *French*. Please check the attached images for more details.

We are also getting the expected result when trying with a new Product. So please check you can reproduce the bug with a new Product or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 7, 2018 at 1:58 pm #1539174

marcD-40

ok thank you but what should i do to switch variations to french instead of english by default?

thank you

March 7, 2018 at 2:07 pm #1539192

marcD-40

and this default language could affect other plugins?