This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 10:27 pm

rajuS

I've 4 languages on my website. I have an android app too. suddenly today all my websites on subdomains (different translations) lost their customization and the android app stopped fetching thumbnails from the website.

When I deactivate the wpml plugin, the android app shows thumbnails and when I activate it, android app doesn't fetch images. it happened today.

It's a live app, I trusted your plugin and bought it but very disappointed.

My app link: hidden link
connected language is hidden link

Please check your plugin.

Login credentials:

September 11, 2019 at 10:54 pm #4556627

rajuS

hello, anyone here please?

September 12, 2019 at 10:32 am #4560245

rajuS

Please respond

September 12, 2019 at 1:32 pm #4561249

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you.

1. Do you know if your system applied any kind of upgrades automatically to your theme or plugins?

2. You wrote: "...all my websites on subdomains (different translations) lost their customization.."

Can you be more specific on what exactly was "lost". DO you mean WPML configuration, or theme configuration, or a plugin customization?

3. DO you have a backup that you can restore until you determine what the exact nature of the problem is?

4. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

September 12, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4561435

rajuS

1. I manually update theme, plugin, and WordPress. i did it yesterday thinking it will solve my issue with WPML.

2. The Main Menu bar for all the subdomains is gone. home page of all the subdomains is changed.. it is showing a lot of recent posts on the bottom.

3. I do not have a backup, I'm taking it now.

4. I tried to copy-paste the debug information in the above tab.. but your sites is not allowing me. I've attached a screenshot. I also gave you Wp-login credentials initially, please log in and check it

September 12, 2019 at 3:17 pm #4562315

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I see that you´ve deactivated WPML for the time being.

2- The changes you describe sound like theme configuration/customization changes that were "lost".

e.g. menu location, frontpage customization
It could be that when you updated your theme, you also overwrote some of your theme settings.
If you reset these theme settings, does the site look normal again?

2. Android App
Is this your own development? e.g. did you write the app?
Unfortunately, our support does not have the means to help you with App development. I don´t even have an Android phone to test the app on.

September 12, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4562443

rajuS

1. yes, the android app loads images when I deactivate the wpml plugin.. it was working before but now it wont.

2. My theme didn't have any updates since last year. i just updated the plugin yesterday. only thing that was auto-updated is your plugin. 4.2.8. I tried to install an older version of your plugin but no use. images are not loading.

3. I know basic android programming knowledge but I've my developer who coded this app. you can use this chrome extenstion to run android emulator on PC and install apps. hidden link

or else I can share my mobile screen using team viewer or any similar remote screensharing.
Please help

September 12, 2019 at 3:42 pm #4562491

rajuS

Please check the screenshots I attached

September 12, 2019 at 4:12 pm #4563069

Yvette
Supporter

OK - I¨ll see if I can find a resource here for this.

How about the theme configuration (menu and frontpage showing posts instead of a page). Have you fixed that part?

September 12, 2019 at 5:46 pm #4563775

rajuS

no.. I didn't fix menu and other things.. just deactivated plugin and app is loading images. Maybe something wrong with subdomains and wpml

September 16, 2019 at 4:39 pm #4582683

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´m sorry for the delay, I think the best way to handle this (so we don´t affect your live site) is to do the required testing on a copy of your site.

Are you able to create a staging site using the Duplicator plugin on the same server?

I am opening the private area so that you can then communciate the required access details for the staging stie.

As for the App - I am not sure about our policies regarding Android support. I know for sure that if your site is failing in a web browser, then we will be looking to fix this, but if an Android app is failing, we don´t have the resources to support this.

The topic ‘[Closed] all my websites on subdomains reformatted. customization is gone.’ is closed to new replies.