This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mathiasK-11 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 6:40 pm #4268639

mathiasK-11

Our client just noticed that one of the menus on the English website randomly started showing Chinese. The links appear to me English links. You can see the menu on this page: hidden link

I have already tried going to WPML -> Languages -> Make themes work multilingual and check the option 'Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality' and it did not resolve the issue.

Please help quickly as this is a live website. Thank you!

Joel

July 24, 2019 at 12:21 am #4269323

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

I reviewed your site and I can indeed confirm the issue.

I checked your plugins list and found few Menu related plugins are being used. In order to isolate the issue and understand better, can you please disable plugins other than WPML and addons and see if the menu works? If it does, please activate plugin one by one to find which plugin is conflicting with WPML.

If it doesn't please, provide your WordPress login details so that I can take closer look at it.

Since you mentioned this is a live site, I suggest setting up a staging site to debug the issue.

July 24, 2019 at 12:23 pm #4274351

mathiasK-11

Hi Rajeeb, I disabled Expandable Menus and One Click Remove Menu and that seemed to resolve the menu. However, when I re-activated them one at a time to determine which one caused it, the issue didn't return so I guess I will keep both disabled. Thanks for your help!

Joel