If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
August 11, 2018 at 4:51 am #2636024

mohammedB-5

hi dear,
when i install and activate the woocommerce multlingual all pictures will be missing ,
please note that this plugin also will cause a problem in the currency switcher as i opened one ticket prevoiusly ,
what i need is , please i need to translate the products including variations , without using this plugin its causing so many problems to me
please give me solution
btw now i deleted this plugin
regards

August 11, 2018 at 10:33 am #2636344

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

WooCommerce is a very complex plugin and, as you can read in the attached documentation, the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin is mandatory to translate it.
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

That said, I am not sure that WooCommerce Multilingual is the cause of the missing images.

1. Did you run the Media duplication process?
- You can run it from WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation.
Select all the checkboxes on that section and press the Start button

2. You can also try by installing and activating the WPML Media plugin.
- Please perform all the required steps to complete the setup of WPML Media that will be shown as notices in the backend.

3. To try solving the compatibility issue with the WooCommerce Currency Switcher plugin, please open a new ticket.
In the new ticket add all the required steps to reproduce the issue.
If you wish, you can assign the new ticket directly to me and I will try to escalate this issue to our Compatibility Team.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Thank you