This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 11:26 am #4400429

samuelR-11

When we crawled our Site with Screaming Frog, all the posts appeared under */en/* allthough they're all exclusively in german (first language). The URLs redirect to the original post in german. Since this leads to double content in SEO we want to avoid the posts appearing under */en/* at all.

See the example in the attachement.

Can you help us, please!

best regards,
Samuel Rink

August 15, 2019 at 5:13 pm #4402585

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Samuel,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

You have not translated the Posts to English yet, am I right? Please let me know which option you have selected for *Posts* in WPML>>Settings>>Post Types Translation, *Translatable - only show translated items* or *Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language*?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 19, 2019 at 7:37 am #4414101

samuelR-11

Hi Bigul,

It was on *Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language*. Should I switch it on *Translatable - only show translated items*?

Thank you!
Sam

August 19, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4417517

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Sam,

Thank you for the updates. You have not translated the Posts or Pages to English yet, am I right?

Please note, if we enable *Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language* the posts/pages will be available in all languages without content duplication.

Please check is there any difference in the scan result after the following steps.

1) Visit WPML>>Settings>>Post Types Translation
2) Choose *Translatable - only show translated items* option for the Posts
3) Save the settings
4) Visit Settings>>Permalinks
5) Resave the permalinks settings

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] All posts appear under second language URL, allthough they were not translated.’ is closed to new replies.