Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

All templates and links are not working on the second language's home page.

Solution:

The home page doesn't use the templates because you added the template sections inside the page.

However, these sections in English are empty without elements, so the header and footer are not appearing on the English home page.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nikiforosB 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
July 10, 2023 at 9:05 am #13975797

nikiforosB

Hi, I just updated my plugins and realizes that the English language has no header or footer Elementor template applied and all links have been dissapeared.

You can see the differences below

hidden link (Greek version secondary language)
hidden link (English version, default language)

July 10, 2023 at 10:18 am #13976687

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Please make sure that you use the latest version of WPML CMS and String Translation plugins.

After updating the plugins, please check if the header and footer templates are translated correctly and published.

Also, please edit the English header template using Elementor, check its display conditions, then update it.

Best regards,
Osama

July 10, 2023 at 10:28 am #13976773

nikiforosB

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately none of the above fixed the problem. Despite the fact that the templates have the correct conditions (apply on entire site). All templates were translated a couple of years ago and the website worked without any problems.

July 10, 2023 at 10:29 am #13976807

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

July 10, 2023 at 11:21 am #13977853

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please check the username and password? I got the following error. (ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?)

Thanks,

July 10, 2023 at 12:18 pm #13995799

nikiforosB

Hi, It is OK now. Thank you for the info.

July 10, 2023 at 12:33 pm #13998345

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. I checked the issue and found that the home page doesn't use the templates because you added the template sections inside the page.

However, these sections in English are empty without elements, so the header and footer are not appearing on the English home page. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Please add these sections and check if that would fix the issue.

Best regards,

2023-07-10_15-30-03.jpg
July 10, 2023 at 12:40 pm #13999145

nikiforosB

I see, I will try to fix those templates. Strange though that those sections are empty. Beside that, all button links were converted to #, this is also strange. I will fix them too. Thank you for your time to assist me.

July 10, 2023 at 12:42 pm #13999245

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please fix them and let me know if you need further assistance regarding the issue.

Best regards,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.