This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4520629

markC-22

Hi! We are in the process of building a multilingual real estate website using the Houzez Theme. It features a front end publishing features to allow users to post listings without giving them access to ther back-end or WP user dashboard.
We want to allow users to mannually add their translations to the different languages of their posts, however, this is not possible `without automatically duplicating the posts (since regular users won't have access to the wp-dashboard in any way.)

We have enabled the "translatable" feature for the custom post type to be able to show listings in both languages, however, it dosn't helps us in our ultimate goal. I have checked the forums and I saw that a lot of people are looking to implement this exact function (to automatically duplicate to other languages after a front end user submits its post). I tried using the code provided in several support ticket, however, I couldn't get it to work.

I know this is a feature that has been requested many times but probably hasn't got the ammount of votes required to get your developers to implement it.

Is there someone here who could take a look at my installation and help me implement this feature?

Thanks in advance

September 5, 2019 at 4:27 pm #4520725

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

For now, the only way to guarantee the translation of Houzez properties and data is through manual translation. The theme is not tightly integrated to WPML to assure at least translation through our editors(Classic and Advanced).

You can ask this in our page https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/ And the development team will schedule it for the future depending on its priorities.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support