Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 15, 2018 at 2:39 pm #2910442

cordulaB

Hi there,

I am trying to: Set ALT Tags for different languages, as for the page below. But unfortunately the Tags are not shown in the source code. Not for german and not for english.

I translated the media with the translation tool. When I set the Tags in the media library their not shown off as mentioned above. Do I need to do some different configuration in the main setting to show them off?

Best Regards

Jens

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

2222.JPG
1111.JPG
November 16, 2018 at 8:17 pm #2914712

Bruno

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

>>> Set ALT Tags for different languages, as for the page below. But unfortunately the Tags are not shown in the source code. Not for german and not for english.

This may be some problem with your theme. Have you tried deactivating WPML to see if the tags will be displayed correctly in the original language? Also, how were these images added on the page?

Are you using any option of your theme or are you using some page builder, for example?

Please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

November 21, 2018 at 7:20 am #2925578

cordulaB

Hi Bruno,

thank you for your fast answer. Attached you find the debug information.

When deactivating WPML and reactivating the plugin all the functions will be there again? No issues with incompatibility?

We are using the standard divi Builder no other special page builders are in use. But we have a lot of custom CSS in the background. But that should not cause the problem?

Debug Information is attached.

Best Regards

Jens

November 21, 2018 at 12:07 pm #2926430

Bruno

Hi Jens,

Thank you. Disabling WPML and activating it again should not cause any problems if you are not using any WPML function directly in your theme. The translations, however, should not be lost.

So that we can test a little better, please could you install your theme in our testing environment and configure the image to see if the problem will persist?

To do this, just access the URL (hidden link), the login is done automatically and install your theme. Then, before installing WPML, configure your theme and use the module you want.

After following the steps above, check if only with your theme enabled the problem persists. If not, you can configure WPML to replicate the problem in our testing environment.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] ALT Tags on differnt Media Galleries are not working’ is closed to new replies.