This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Alt attributes texts is visible only in default language and not in secondary languages although it is entered in the WordPress Dashboard Media Library.

Solution:

After a detailed research we confirmed the issue with alt text when using Divi modules are a limitation of Divi itself, it is not related with WPML usage.

Relevant Documentation:

http://cathwood.com/how-to-get-image-alt-tags-working-on-a-divi-website/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by victorN-3 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 27, 2019 at 4:04 pm

victorN-3

I am trying to: working on SEO added my alt text in the dutch language and English.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: alt text in both languages

Instead, I got: alt text is visible only in the EN language and not in the Dutch language although you can see them in the back end.

June 27, 2019 at 5:32 pm
June 27, 2019 at 8:26 pm #4102883

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and performed some tests on the provided access, I could confirm the issue even in a clean sandbox test environment. Here are the conclusion of my tests:

1 - After a detailed research I discovered the issue with alt text when using Divi modules are a limitation of Divi itself, it is not related with WPML usage.

See: hidden link

2 - For the Divi Image Module for example, besides entering the alt text in the media library you also need to enter the alt text in the image module. There's an automated way of doing it, in case you have a website with a bunch of images using the image module.

See: hidden link

3 - In the case of the Divi Gallery Module, it doesn't to be a workaround at the moment, currently it sets the image title provided in the media library as the alt text using in the gallery. In this case, the only workaround possible seems to be renaming the images title to be your alt text.

Please, let me know if it helps to provide some more clarifications regarding your request. Have a nice day.

June 28, 2019 at 11:59 am #4107147

victorN-3

Hi,

Thanks for the help and research about this issue.

I am going to start implementing the solutions and will inform you if it worked or not.

Cheers,
Victor Nicola

June 28, 2019 at 7:05 pm #4109981

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Victor Nicola,

Thank you for the updates. Please, let me know once you are done. Have a nice day.

July 3, 2019 at 7:26 pm #4138705

victorN-3

OK the issue is indeed with DIVI themselves and their developers are taking steps to correct this issue. Despite the fact that it looked like a wpml problem it is a DIVI problem.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!