Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
January 29, 2018 at 3:45 pm #1500367

heidiS-4

I am trying to: Find out why some alt image text translations disappeared?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Alt text translated

Instead, I got:
No translation

January 29, 2018 at 5:50 pm #1500559

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Chauncey,

Thank you for opening a ticket in the forum.

For being of better help, can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Can you please check if the image is "translated"?

WPML Media is the add-on that allows WPML to translate media attachments in your WordPress site.

For start, could you please check if:
- WPML Media plugin is correctly installed and activated.
- Go to WPML->Media Translation:
- WPML Media settings are enabled correctly.

- For old content, check that following options are check and press Start button. This would create link to images for other languages for previous contents.
X Translate existing media in all languages
X Duplicate existing media for translated content
X Duplicate the featured images for translated content

- For new content, please check that following options are check:
How to handle media for new content:
X When uploading media to the Media library, make it available in all languages
X Duplicate media attachments for translations
X Duplicate featured images for translations

- When you are translating your pages, could you please check that "Duplicate uploaded media to translations" and "Duplicate featured image to translations" are selected?

For more information, please read here : https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Let me know if this points you in the right direction please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

February 7, 2018 at 8:57 pm #1510626

heidiS-4

Hi Otto,

I am still having trouble with the alt tag situation - I have gone through the steps and the Alt tags show up now but they are on the wrong images.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing all the necessary WPML plugins and they sync up with Visual Composer so Im really not sure what Im doing wrong.

February 8, 2018 at 11:15 am #1511291

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

The alt tags are defined inside a VC block, right? I think you mentioned this in a mail.

When you go to edit the translation it appears for translation?

May I have a look at the site? Can you provide me with detailed steps on how to see the issue and elaborate a bit on how the images are inserted on the page?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Thanks for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,

Otto

February 8, 2018 at 2:58 pm #1511650

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Credentials are not working for me. Can you please check them?

If you need to send new ones, please edit the previous private reply. Then let me know in a public post. Otherwise, I won't be notified.

Don't publish access data in a normal post, they will be exposed.

The alt tags are defined inside a VC block, right? I think you mentioned this in a mail.

When you go to edit the translation it appears for translation?

Can you provide me with detailed steps on how to see the issue and elaborate a bit on how the images are inserted on the page?

Kind Regards,

Otto

The topic ‘[Closed] Alt text translations have disappeared’ is closed to new replies.