Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by scottT-2 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 23, 2015 at 4:54 pm #665428

francescoP-3

Hi, after the last upgrade i have a redirection problems for my site hidden link. In my language (default language) always works fine but if i click on english flag the browser load the homepage (in defualt language). The strange thing is that when i hover the mouse on the english flag the displyed url (tooltip) si correct!!! i get a redirection to home also if i click on "visual page" from the backend of wp (on eglish page backend).

What happens?

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

July 24, 2015 at 7:33 am #665800

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello.
I understand that when you visit the homepage in English (from the URL frontend or by "view page" in the dashboard) you are being redirected to your Italian page.

I tried to replicate this problem from my browser (Chrome) but was unable to.
1. I visited "hidden link" - I saw the home page in IT.
2. I selected the "EN" language form the language selector
3. I was redirected to "hidden link" as expected. (see images).

Can you please let me know how to replicate your problem step-by-step?
Thanks.

July 24, 2015 at 3:23 pm #666251

francescoP-3

hi, i resolved the issue last night. i un-select "Tralascia lingua" and i selected "Link alla pagina iniziale della lingua per le traduzioni non disponibili". The all start to working agin.

Regards

Francesco

April 15, 2016 at 2:26 am #861712

scottT-2

This sounds like my issue, but since your solution is in Italian I don't know the corresponding solution in English. Can someone tell me what those steps would be in the English admin panel?

April 15, 2016 at 5:52 am #861761

scottT-2

I used Google Translate. The instructions in English are to switch from "Skip language" to "Link to home of language for missing translations". However, this didn't help me.