Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 25, 2019 at 8:32 am #4824761

sebastianK-50

Hello WPML support,

we are having trouble with the advanced mobile pages plugin not properly working together with WPML.

hidden link

On this page we have the part "About Thomas Meysel" which is getting translated correctly but on the auto generated AMP version of this page the same part is not getting translated.

hidden link

Is this a known problem with the AMP plugin and is there a solution for this?

October 26, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4832451

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

As you can see here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/ampforwp-2-issues-with-wpml/
AMP offers a WPML integration module.

From your debug information it seems you don't have it, therefore I'm not able to understand if the issue can be resolved with it or not.

In the linked ticket, we also suggested they should join our Go Global program, but so far I don't think they applied.

You should contact AMP support to ask if their integration can fix your issue or if there are other actions you can take.

October 28, 2019 at 9:41 am #4837447

sebastianK-50

Hi Laura,

I checked the site and it seems the site already uses the WPML integration extension.
Does the extension need to be activated in the WPML configuration to work properly?
I've sent a screenshot to show that we have the extension already.

October 28, 2019 at 11:07 am #4838579

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

since as I said the AMP team didn't contact us, I don't know what is exactly needed to make the integration work. We don't have any option to configure for this plugin.

I'd suggest you contact AMP support first to check if everything is correctly configured, then if they confirm the issue is on our site, I'll ask you to reproduce the issue on a fresh installation so I can escalate it to the compatibility team.

The topic ‘[Closed] AMP Site Translation’ is closed to new replies.