We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 19, 2018 at 11:39 am #2748597

Dave

Hi,

Im using WP AMP (hidden link) to serve AMP results. This works fine with WPML but I have one problem. In Google Search Console I get the following error; AMP URL is self-canonical AMP. After having a look I noticed this only occurs at translations. After checking the header I found out the canonical is pointed differently in AMP translations then in the original language and I think this causes the problem. For example;;

The canonical for this page; hidden link is hidden link. Which is correct.

But when you look at the Swedish translation hidden link you will see the following canonical; hidden link. Which is not good.

Can you have a look at make sure the canonical for translated AMP posts is not a AMP post but the regular post?

Best regards,

Dave

September 20, 2018 at 2:23 pm #2752443

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It seems like plugin compatible issue, could you please provide me the plugin file so I can test this issue further? I have enabled the private reply for you.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm #2758697

Dave

Hi Shekhar,

I would like to add that WP AMP isn't compatible with WPML anymore. It used to work fine untill Version 4.0.5 but since then it is broke. When you simply navigate to a AMP page it will redirect you to the regular post.

Best regards,

Dave

September 25, 2018 at 7:13 am #2762763

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I can see the following issue happening with the plugin currently, hidden link

So, could you please use the solution provided here and let me know if this helps: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/amp-version-of-the-website-returns-an-error-500/#post-2689958

Since plugin author also mentioned that it will be fixed in the upcoming releases so could you please contact them and ask if there is a better workaround for the issue right now.

Thanks

September 25, 2018 at 9:02 am #2763104

Dave

Hi Shekhar,

I have updated WPML to the newest version and made the change, now both plugins work again which is perfect. Sadly I still have the problem that the translated AMP page has a canonical which points at itsself. How should i fix this?

Best regards,

Dave

September 25, 2018 at 9:55 am #2763306

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I can replicate the issue, I have forward the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply to us. You could also refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their theme compatible with WPML. https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ This may help expedite the process.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records. You will be notified the moment we have the author’s cooperation in this process.

Thanks

September 26, 2018 at 2:39 am #2765722

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please provide me the latest version of the AMP plugin, I can see it's 8.4.2.

I have enabled the private reply for you.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] AMP URL is self-canonical AMP’ is closed to new replies.