This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by canayY 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 7:06 am #3804189

canayY

I use ampersands (&) in some of my pages and html blocks. The advanced translation editor doesn't work for these. If I simple type an & in the translation, when I look at the html output, this is replaced by '&' which displays as '&' on the frontend of my site.

May 14, 2019 at 7:09 am #3804215

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Yvette is currently not available, I will replace her here in the forum.
I hope this is OK with you.

I made a few tests and even though in HTML it does look like that (which is the "correct" way to show special characters), it then shows correcly in the visual mode.

The screenshot provided looks like it was supposed to be a text and not code, so could you please tell me a bit more about how you did this, and try to do the same with a normal text block and see if it works, because this problem might be only occurring to specific elements.

In the meantime i wait for your answer, i asked our developers if there's a way around this issue and i'm waiting for their response. I'll keep you updated.

May 17, 2019 at 9:00 am #3832535

canayY

My solution was to give up trying to use the advanced editor. It has in general caused more problems than it solved. Using the classic editor, or the string translation module gives the correct output.