This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm trying to activate the extended translation editor. After clicking on Sync translator and translation manager, I always get the following error message: AMS - Api error missing resource: Website not found validate site identifier

Solution: Check the AMS control panel (https://ams.wpml.org/panel/websites) and make sure that the website registered here is the correct one. If the link is not the right one, open a ticket and we'll take care of the needed changes.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcoB-95 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 1:10 pm #4487381

marcoB-95

I'm trying to activate the extended translation editor. After clicking on "Sync translator and translation manager", I always get the following error message:

AMS - Api error missing resource: Website not found validate site identifier

On the AMS control panel (hidden link) the website is registered with the following address: hidden link . However, it is SSL encrypted and can be reached via hidden link . Could this already be the error? If yes, how can I update this web address?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards
Marco

September 1, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4492605

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Marco,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if you first registered ATE when using the website without SSL, please? I just need a bit of more info about this because it might imply some changes our server. Like you said, the SSL difference (http vs https) in the link might be the issue in this case. I just want to make sure that this is the case and it's not a different situation.

Thanks,
Radu

September 2, 2019 at 1:13 pm #4497269

marcoB-95

Hey, Radu,

Thank you so much for your answer. It has been a long time since the website was launched. But I am very sure that I activated the SSL certificate just before the launch. But I already used WMPL with ATE to build the site. So the module was already active before activating the SSL encryption.

Many greetings
Marco

September 3, 2019 at 7:26 am #4501651

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Marco,

There are a few things that I can try to do in order to fix this issue but for that I'll need access to the dashboard area. Could you send me the credentials for it, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials. Also, please create a full backup of your website too. I'll do a few changes and it's safer to have a backup in case anything goes wrong (even though the changes of happening that are pretty small).

Thanks,
Radu

September 5, 2019 at 7:45 am #4516359

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Marco,

I made a small change to your website and now everything works very well when pressing the Sync translator and translation manager. You can try this out and tell me if it works for you too.

Thanks,
Radu

September 5, 2019 at 8:01 am #4516503

marcoB-95

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!