This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 14, 2018 at 2:02 pm

carolinP-2

I am trying to:
If you want to do an order (request) from the mainpage by selection car and best rate here hidden link, your request in switching into german at the end of the request process. Please try it and give me advice what we can do. Everything is doing right in the backend. If it´s helpfull you can gladly use the Login below. But please do a backup before you change something in the backend, because we are still working on it. Thank you!!

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

May 15, 2018 at 6:54 am #2129542

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

Actually, when I try this now, I do get my request in English.
Here is what I do.
1. I select a car.
2. I select the Best Rate.
3. I press the Request Now button.
4. I can see the car page in English.
Please see attached screenshots.

Have you fixed this problem already?
If not and I'm not getting the issue, please elaborate further on how I can replicate the issue.
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations.
We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 15, 2018 at 7:20 am #2129895

carolinP-2

Sorry, thats not what I mean - please see the screenshots below. Please run the whole process until your order confirmation, to see what I mean. The process changes into german later, or just some words sometimes. Cant understand this. Looking Forward to your quick reply. Thank you. Carolin

May 15, 2018 at 7:54 am #2130290

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Carolin.

Yes, I can see it happening now.

Maybe we are looking here at an ajax problem.
Please try the following.
1. Go to WPML -> Languages.
2. Scroll down to the 'Language filtering for AJAX operations.'
3. Check the checkbox 'Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX' and save.
Please see attached screenshot store-ajax-cookies.jpg
4. Go to the front-end and check if it is working correctly now.

Please let me know if it helps.

May 15, 2018 at 10:41 am #2135961

carolinP-2

unfortunately it doesn´t work. What can we do?

May 15, 2018 at 5:58 pm #2145815

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

Can you test if the problem persists if switch the Language URL format to 'Different languages in directories' instead of 'Language name added as a parameter' which is set now?
I suspect that the language parameter conflicts with other URL queries in this process.

If it does not help could explain to me in details please what is enabling you car selection and checkout process?
Is it your theme?
Are other plugins involved also?

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations.
We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] An english process is switching to a german process’ is closed to new replies.