This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 8 months ago.

Author Posts
February 15, 2019 at 11:43 am #3204486

pidjouc

Hello. I ran into a problem on my pcduchat.com site, which has been going on for over a week. I am unable to update the wpml extension Multilingual CMS, String translation, Translation Management. I get the following error: The archive could not be installed. (PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10): Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature). I consulted your forum and my webhost, who first suggested that I download the archives and install them via FTP in the WP_config.php file, which was done, but no results. I went back to the forum where it was again suggested to unsubscribe and then re-register wpml from my site, which I did, but no change.

My site references are: hidden link
I get errors on my homepage and it’s not very nice to see. I would be delighted if your assistance is as urgent as possible, and thank you in advance.
Cordially!

February 15, 2019 at 1:40 pm #3205130

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

While one of my teammates takes care of your ticket, I will provide you with the first debugging steps.

- Go to Dashboard -> Updates
- Press the "Check Again" button
- Press the "Update" button at the bottom of the page
- Try to update the plugins

- Go to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial
- Press the "Check for updates" button
- Try to update the plugins

If still the issue:
- Go to https://wpml.org/account/sites/ look for your current key and erase it.
- Create a new one for your site.
- Go to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial
- Click on the "Unregister WPML from this site" button
- Register WPML adding your new key.
- Try also disabling the "Keep wpml.org up-to-date about which theme and plugins I use" option

If that does not fix the issue you can manually update the plugins.
❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌
- Download the latest version of WPML from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Disable WPML Multilingual CMS
- Delete WPML Multilingual CMS (the settings and the translations are saved in the database so they will not be deleted)
- Upload the freshly downloaded WPML plugin from Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin
- Activate WPML

Please let us know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

The topic ‘[Closed] An error in updating wpml plugins in my site pcduchat’ is closed to new replies.