This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jadeC 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 21, 2018 at 2:24 am

jadeC

Hi there,

I installed the most recent version of:

Toolset Types
WPML Media
WPML Multilingual CMS
WPML String Translation
WPML Translation Management

The following error message keeps coming back:

Array
(
[language] => en
[context] => twentyeleven
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => dcd57d77c15d870a56bf04bf659c7589
[name] => 14402eb46d870ec9f58a33a524e11aad
[value] => ← Older posts
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] =>
)

I have tried changing themes to such as TwentySeventeen and disabling and deleting the string translation plugin, but it didn't work.

There are also a number of warnings (please see the image) on the WP Language tab.

Could you help me with clearing up these errors?

Thanks,

October 22, 2018 at 9:30 pm #2839873

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please access your database and search for the string dcd57d77c15d870a56bf04bf659c7589 you should see two results. One in the icl_strings table and one in the wp_options table. Delete these two records after making a full backup of your site. The error message should be resolved after these steps.

I am not seeing the errors in your screenshot on the WPML -> Languages page. Are you still seeing those messages?

October 25, 2018 at 9:22 pm #2851195

jadeC

Hi Lauren,

My apologies for the delay. The error message is gone now after I deleted those two records from the database. Thank you for your assistance.

However, the warnings are still there. It's actually not in the WPML > Languages. It's in the WP admin > Pages > Home (for example) > Language tab (please see the attached image). Sorry that I didn't explain well. Would you take a look at it too?

Thank you.

October 26, 2018 at 2:09 pm #2853220

Lauren
Supporter

I'm happy to take a look. I have seen this message before and updating the PHP version resolved that. Could you ask your hosting provider to test that?

Also, I logged in but I can't see the error because WPML is deactivated. Is it possible for me to activate it for testing, or could you duplicate your site in a staging environment?

If you temporarily switch to a default theme, does that message disappear?

October 26, 2018 at 9:01 pm #2854213

jadeC

Hi Lauren,

I'll ask hosting company about the PHP version.

WPML is now activated, so go ahead and test it.

I switched the theme to Twenty Seventeen, but it didn't solve it. The warnings remained there.

Thanks for your help.

October 29, 2018 at 12:52 pm #2858025

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for the update. Please let me know if updating the PHP version resolves the issue. If it does not, I will be happy to continue troubleshooting.

October 29, 2018 at 6:34 pm #2859237

jadeC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!