This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by myraD-2 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 27, 2020 at 6:00 pm #6005033

myraD-2

1) But there is still a string on my french home page that won't translate: ''NEXT ENTRIES''

2) Also, an important string not translating in the features pages called SPECIAL DIETS (en) and PARTICULARITÉS (fr). See example with Egg Free page

April 27, 2020 at 6:13 pm #6005177

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

The Particularité string is added via customization in the functions.php of your child theme. That is why it was not registered for the translation while you scanned the child theme last time. The *NEXT ENTRIES* string is from the parent theme. Please try the following steps after a full site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Go to wp-content/themes/neptune-by-osetin-child folder
2) Open *functions.php* file for edit and scroll down to line 17.
3) Make the following and save the changes

From

add_filter('get_the_archive_title', function ($title) {
$title = preg_replace('/Ingredient/', 'Ingrédient', $title);
$title = preg_replace('/Feature/', 'Particularité ', $title);
    return $title;
});

To

add_filter('get_the_archive_title', function ($title) {
$title = preg_replace('/Ingredient/', esc_html__('Ingrédient', 'osetin'), $title);
$title = preg_replace('/Feature/', esc_html__('Particularité', 'osetin'), $title);
return $title;
});

4) Go to WPML>>Theme and plugins localization
5) Scroll down to *Strings in the themes* section and choose the *Neptune by Osetin* parent and child themes
6) Scan the theme strings and wait until the scan complete
7) Visit WPML>>String Translation, find and translate the strings

The Particularité string is registered in English on my local copy, so please change the language of the string to French and translate it.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 27, 2020 at 10:47 pm #6006147

myraD-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!