If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ankit 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
November 2, 2017 at 1:08 pm #1419039

georgeM-9

Hello. I have translation management activated for my pages as I want my users to use that instead of the manual translations. Sometimes though I need to override this and translate manually since not all elements are inculded in the Translation Management and I am also using Visual Composer. Also, whenever I need to translate image titles and alt tags, there is no other way that to use manual translation. In all those case I only used to get a warning message at the top of the page about the fact that I am trying to manually edit a translation even though I have set the pages to be translated by the Translation Editor. After the recent WPML udpates though, I get this an a popup two times. The first time when I try to edit manually, which I click "Edit anyway" and I go on with the translation. The when I hit "Update" and the translation saves, I get the pop up again and I need to click "Edit anyway" again! This is not only annoying but it can also confuse users and I really don't understand why it has to be there. Is there a way to deactivate this without activating manual translations from the Translation Management settings instead?

November 3, 2017 at 9:02 am #1419815

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello.

The message is appearing each time the TE is detecting an outstanding/open job existing in the Translation Jobs queue.

Mixing the editors when there are open jobs will cause the translation strings to get out of synchronisation leading to many problems and in some cases the requirement to re-translate all content. To avoid this, we have implemented this very important warning.

You should not be shown this message if all translation jobs have been completed related to the original post you are attempting to edit.

Could you please confirm if this is the case?
e.g. If you are receiving the annoying message, can you confirm that there are no existing/outstandign translation jobs that are in process related to this post in any language? Often it might be something like "update required" which in fact is a minor edit.

In that case, you coudl try listing the post type and executing "quick edit" with a save to clear the job.

Please let me know.

November 3, 2017 at 1:54 pm #1420173

georgeM-9

Hi Yventte. I believe you are wrong or you didn't understand the question. First of all how could this swarning message have anything to do with what you describe? The warning is clearly about using the Standard editor instead of the WML Translation Editor. I have attached an image for you to see. It doesn't make any sense! Even if what you said was true, then it's clearly a bug that WPML should fix since the two issues are completely unrelated. But I went ahead and tried your suggestion: I tried with a page that had all translations fully completed and updated. Guess what: the same thing happened.

November 3, 2017 at 4:15 pm #1420409

Yvette
Supporter

I see. You are right - I did not understand which message you meant.

You originally asked ".. Is there a way to deactivate this without activating manual translations from the Translation Management settings instead?.:"

At the moment : no.

However, I agree that prompting two times may not be necessary and is sloppy UI.

I´ver replicated this issue on my test server and will escalate this to our developers.
Do you have any other questions/comments related to this issue before I do this?

November 3, 2017 at 4:52 pm #1420455

georgeM-9

No more questions on the subject, just wanted to point out this behaviour. Thank you for this Yvette.

November 4, 2017 at 5:57 am #1420721

Yvette
Supporter

This ticket has been escalated to 2nd tier for review by development.

November 10, 2017 at 4:33 am #1426650

Ankit

Hi,

This is Ankit from 2nd tier wpml support team. I will assist you with the issue further, hope this is fine with you. 🙂

This issue has been identified and I have reported same to our 3rd tier support member and they have contacted and escalated the issue to our developers who will further work towards fixing the same.

I will get back to you as soon as I will have any update over this issue from our developers.

Thanks for your ongoing patience.

Regards,
Ankit

December 18, 2017 at 6:55 am #1459968

Ankit

Hi,

I'm pleased to inform you that this issue has been resolved by our developers and fix will be available in next release of plugin version 3.9.0

However, I do not have any ETA for our next release currently.

Regards

January 9, 2018 at 12:36 pm #1477874

georgeM-9

Great, it seems to have been resolved at last!

January 11, 2018 at 8:02 am #1480851

Ankit

Marking this ticket as resolved.

Please feel free to open a new ticket for any subsequent issues.

Regards,
Ankit.