Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: icl_string_pages to big problem Solution: You can truncate this table and it will not fill up any more (since WPML 4.3.0). Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/?p=4788133#comment-2687365

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by steveK-3 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
December 5, 2019 at 8:46 am #5074521

steveK-3

Hi there,
I found a lot of questions on this here but I have no clue what to do.

English is not my motherlanguage so I maybe have a little bit a problem of understanding the solution.

I found this page:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/table-wp_icl_string_pages-is-too-big/

But when I look at

"b) Visit WPML>>Support>>Troubleshooting page, then click on *Recreate ST DB cache tables* button. This will clear the String Translation caches, including the *wp_icl_string_pages* table.

c) Visit WPML>>String Translation and enable *Auto-Registering* option for the all the String Domains."

I can't find *Recreate ST DB cache tables* - The only one with string I find is "Cleanup and optimize string tables" and when I click this nothing happens.

Also the "*Auto-Registering* option" I can't find an option with that. Maybe I have tomatoes on my eyes but I hope you can help me. The site is so slow and nearly not usable anymore.

Link: hidden link

Do you need admin-access?

All the best,
Steve

December 5, 2019 at 10:06 am #5075087

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Can you tell me what I suggest in our chat worked? Any questions related to that part?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

December 6, 2019 at 3:37 pm #5084951

steveK-3

Transfer to our servers solved the problem. Maybe the other host-provider has to low limits to handle heavy DBs. After cloning the page and place it on our server the site was running like hell. But also I truncated the icl_string_pages to make sure everything is right.

Thanks for going into this. Great, friendly and fast response!

Cheers
Steve