Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
March 20, 2018 at 11:40 am #1550784

andreyO

I'm using Page Builder on my site and for some "Single Image" elements I need to use localized images for each language.

In Translation management I don't have the possibility to select another image, and Media Translation offers only translating captions and titles.

What is the proper way to achieve needed result?

March 21, 2018 at 10:40 am #1552021

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

Could you tell me which page builder are you using?
You wrote the 'WPbnackery Page Builder' but did you mean the 'WPBakery Page Builder' (hidden link)? If so, then please make sure that you are following our documentation about this page builder here https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/. The Translation Editor needs to be enabled. When I try it on my test site, I can switch the image to the translated post. When I use the WPBakery image element, I can insert another URL with the path to a different image. Please see attached screenshot.

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 21, 2018 at 10:46 am #1552029

andreyO

Hello Itamar,

yes, I'm using WPBakery Page Builder.
And no, I don't get image source field to be "translated" in traslation editor.

Debug information is attached.

BR,
Andrey

March 21, 2018 at 6:27 pm #1552853

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Andrey and thank you for attaching the debug info.

WPML and its add-ons seem to be updated to their latest version on your site, but WordPress itself and the WPBakery Page Builder plugin are not updated to their latest version. Could you please update them to the latest version and see if the problem persist?

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Regards,
Itamar.

March 21, 2018 at 9:39 pm #1553016

andreyO

Hello Itmar,

I've just noticed that you sent me a sreenshot-example with Divi Page builder. But I wrote you, that I'm using WPbakery Page Builder.

With WPBakery Page Builder you don't have src, but just image ID.

BR,
Andrey

March 22, 2018 at 1:44 pm #1553890

Itamar
Supporter

I'm sorry, Andrey this was my mistake.

WPBakery Page Builder works differently, and it does not include the image link in its shortcode but only the image attachment ID. So as a workaround while you are on the editing screen of the original post, you can switch the language by switching the language flag on the top admin bar. Then you will need to press the button 'Edit anyway,' and you will be able to edit the shortcode of the image element. Just switch the number to the ID of the other image that you want.And then update the translation. Do not make any other changes. Please see attached screenshot. You can get the ID of the image by editing the image attachment in the Media Library. Please see attached screenshot.

I hope that this workaround is good for you.

Regards,
Itamar.

March 23, 2018 at 9:45 am #1554781

andreyO

Great, I have already four cases offered from support not to use Translation Editor, but translate directly.

One would also appreciate, if people, before byuing WPML could read

"Translation Editor do not support following features, if used together with Page Builder:

1) Single Image localization
2) Contact form localization
3) Grid Builder Templates localization
4) Post grids with custom IDs as source"

March 25, 2018 at 4:37 pm #1556007

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Andrey.

I understand your point, and I'll let our documentation team know about your request.

As for the WPBakery Single Image element, I've found a way that it can work with the Translation Editor. Ii ti described in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content
I've tried on my local server, and it works.
Here is what you need to do.
1. Go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Custom XML Configuration (tab) add the following code and press the 'Save' button.

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>vc_single_image</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute encoding="allow_html_tags">title</attribute>
                <attribute type="link">image</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

Please see attached screenshot.

2. Go to edit the translation, and now you should get another field with the image ID, and you can insert the ID of the image that you want for the translated post or page.
Please see attached screenshot.

Note: If it is an existing post or page that was already 100% translated, you might need to add a small change (you can add a space in the title, for example) to the original post or page in order for the Translation Editor to get the new fields.

Please let me know if this solution works for you.

Regards,
Itamar.

March 27, 2018 at 12:01 pm #1557793

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Andrey.

Our documentation team has added a section in the WPBakery Page Builder documentation article that lists all the supported elements of this page builder. You can see it here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/#supported-modules

Best Regards,
Itamar.