This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 12:54 pm #3576251

linoM-5

The NL & FR menu's that I set up with Appearance > Menu is not showing up on the website in either languages. Instead, all pages are just listed. If I disable WPML the NL version shows up, If I activate WPML both the NL and FR menu's don't show up.

The menu's are already Synched.

hidden link

In attachment you can see what I want to show in the menu, and what I've got.

April 10, 2019 at 1:57 pm #3576979

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. From what I can see, you are using a custom theme so it really depends on how the theme is displaying that menu.

Can you please let me know if the same thing happens on a new clean-install environment, where you have just the theme + WPML plugins active?

If you don't have an environment like that available, I created one for you here (one-click login):
hidden link

I already set up WPML with the languages that you had on your site, all I would need from you is to install the theme and try to reproduce the menu issue.

If we are able to reproduce the issue on this clean sandbox install on our servers, I can then confirm that this might be a compatibility issue and I can forward it to our Compatibility department.

Please let me know how it goes.
I will be waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

The topic ‘[Closed] Appearance > Menu's not showing up in either language.’ is closed to new replies.