This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 9:07 pm #3998573

zeyadY

I am trying to: make Arabic URL readable

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:hidden link

Instead, I got:hidden link

June 12, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4005333

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a look in your website and noticed the url that appears in the browser address bar has the format you expect to see (hidden link). When you copy this url from the browser and paste somewhere you will see it converted to UTF-8 character enconding, which is what chrome actually passes to the server to make any http request. It is something not related to WPML itself, it is related to the way browsers work.

See:
hidden link
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18176661/copying-a-utf-8-url-from-browsers-address-bar-gives-only-the-ugly-encoded-one

Please, let me know if it brings some clarifications to your questions. Have a nice day.

June 16, 2019 at 9:02 pm #4031201

zeyadY

when i receive email from contact form 7 the link that appear on the mail like the link when you make copy unreadable

June 17, 2019 at 6:13 pm #4037755

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. As said before the encoding settings of arabic urls are not related with WPML usage, so it is not something into the scope of support. For that, I recommend you to get in touch with Contact Form 7 support in order to get some direction if there's a workaround available. Thank you for your understanding, have a nice day.