Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
January 24, 2020 at 6:48 pm #5358957

christianO-24

Hyperlinks built into the page using an Elementor element do not seem to be translatable using the Advanced Translation Editor.
In attempting to get the ATE to show the URL, we somehow activated the Basic Translation Editor - we've reverted it by now, but would like some directions on how to translate links while continuing on using the ATE.

The page in question is hidden link, compare with the screenshot provided - Swapping to the HR or SL versions of the site and trying to click the link shown in the screenshot still attempts to link the user to an external AT domain.

Is there any functionality that allows us to change this link via ATE, via String Translation or inside Elementor, while being original post update-proof, or are we going to have to use the Basic Translation Editor?
Alternatively, is there an alternate method of adding external links that is update-proof? We do not want to change the link every time we make a change on the base language.

Kind regards,
Robert Bäs-Fischlmair

January 26, 2020 at 7:57 pm #5365873

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

When it comes to translating the links, it's very important how it was added to the page. Can you tell me what's the name of the module that you added this link to, please?

Also, you can always just edit the original page, use the language switcher from the top admin bar, select the secondary language, edit the page using Elementor, and change the link. Everything else will remain the same (as you translated through the translation editor) and only the link will be the one that will be updated.

Thanks,
Radu

January 27, 2020 at 7:10 am #5367249

christianO-24

Hi Radu,
thanks for your answer!

The link was added to the page with an HTML-element of elementor.

We already did try to change the links as described by you (in elementor by switching the language with the language switcher). The problem is that after this change the advanced translation editor is not available anymore for this page, only the basic translation editor.

Is there a way to open the page with ate after changing the link?

Thank you,
Christian

January 28, 2020 at 11:24 am #5376757

Radu
Supporter

Hey Christian,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the HTML element, please? I just want to create exactly the same element on my website and see what can we do about that link.

Also, have you tried to search for that link on WPML → String translation? There's a chance that the link was added for translation in this section.

Thanks,
Radu

January 29, 2020 at 1:33 pm #5384629

Radu
Supporter

Hey Christian,

Can you check the link now, please? Basically, the whole content of that HTML-Code module is available in WPML → String translation. All I had to do is search for [wpml-string]hidden link;.

Then, I edited the link on the translations of this code and things are working fine in HR and SL (the links are different).

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Are Hyperlinks built into Elementor pages translateable using the Advanced TE?’ is closed to new replies.