Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.49 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Harshad 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
June 25, 2012 at 6:54 pm #64759

Richard

Hi,

I installed WPML over the weekend. I have in the process of setting up translated categories, etc. We have not posted any translated articles, so nothing is live, but today, I noticed that the homepage of my site was not updated. It was showing a cached page generated on June 24, which showed our last posts from 6/22.

We had 2 posts scheduled for today 6/25. They did not appear on the site, and I finally had to manually delete my cache in order for them to appear to non-logged in users.

This is the first time I've had this issue, and I'm wondering if it's related to installing WPML over the weekend.

I will see if there is an issue tomorrow, but wanted to know if there is anything I should be doing, or look for.

Thanks,
Rich

June 26, 2012 at 5:13 am #64801

Harshad

Dear Rich,

No there should not be any problem working with Cache plugins, We our self have W3TC installed which is working without any problem.

Please do let us know on the same, If you encounter any problems with SuperCache.

June 28, 2012 at 3:17 pm #65276

Richard

I've been having troubles setting up WPML. I think there are issues with it and WP Super Cache. Have you all done any testing with this plugin? I believe it is a very popular plugin, with people either using W3TC or WP Super Cache, for WP caching.

I've resolved many issues by deleting my cache content, AND also deleting my expired content.

As a test, I created 2 dummy translations, for 1 post (Simplified Chinese,and Traditional).

I viewed the post in simplified chinese via domain language setting.

I then went to my WP Dashboard, and updated my simplified translation post, by changing some text, and categories for the post, and saved the article.

I then reloaded the article and it was not updated, as it should have been.

I then decided to test updating the main article in English, and found that this was also not being updated, after I made a change.

I then deactivated all the WPML plugins, and again updated my main English article, and this time, my article was immediately updated.

I believe the WPML plugins are interfering with WP Super Cache's ability to correctly delete and regenerate cache files when a post is edited.

This is a big problem.

Please help,
Rich

June 28, 2012 at 5:20 pm #65295

Harshad

Dear Rich,

I recommend to start with the most basic caching mode. then, gradually enable more fancy operation and see what's happening.

We ourselves use both WPSC and W3TC plugins on our sites, icanlocalize.com and wpml.org without any problem

From your reports, I think there might be an issue with WPSC and language per domain setting.

For languages per domain setting, I can recommend W3TC plugin.

We did test W3TC, which is a lot more advanced, and it works fine with languages in domains.

June 29, 2012 at 12:57 am #65350

Richard

Ok. I have used W3TC in the past, but had switched to Super Cache.

I've now switched back to W3TC.

Now, domain languages does not work at all. I do not get the translated themes at all.

I tried adding dummy translations for an article, to see if that helped.

I added on for simplified, and when I wen to hidden link, I saw the translated theme and article. I then went and added a traditional translation and went to hidden link and never saw the translated theme, or article.

I then went back to hidden link and got served the English theme and no translations.

This is very frustrating. Nothing works.

I'm using W3TC with only Page caching enabled. Nothing else as I'm trying to get a baseline working caching with WPML.

I did un-check this option in W3TC, to "Cache requests only for hidden link hostname", as I want hidden link and hidden link to be cached as well.

When I look in my W3TC pgCache folder, I only see 1 _index.html and _index.html.gzip file. I think I'm being served the same cached indexed file for every domain. I do not see any indication that a separate index file is being generated for each domain. I do not see file structure that indicates that hidden link and .tw are being generated and cached separately from hidden link.

I guess technically this is a W3TC issue, but you said you guys have thoroughly tested WPML with W3TC.

Please help. I've been trying to get WPML to work for over a week now, with no luck.

June 29, 2012 at 1:14 am #65351

Richard

Another update.

I went back to directories per language and cleared my W3TC cache.

I tested both hidden link and hidden link and both came out fine.

I then went back to domain languages, cleared my cached and tested. I went to .cn and saw the simplified translation and theme.
I went to .tw and got the simplified translation.
I went to .com and got the English translation.
I went back to .cn and got the ENGLISH translation now.
I went to .tw and got the ENGLISH one as well.

I've left domain per language on for you to see.

Thanks,
Rich

June 29, 2012 at 2:00 am #65352

Richard

Another update.

Because of the caching issues with W3TC, I started seeing translated themes for my main English site .com, which was very bad.

I decided to try re-checking the option in W3TC to only cache URLS, for hidden link.

This fixed my issues. I see English for .com, Simplified for .cn and Traditional for .tw.

But this means, I am getting NO CACHING AT ALL for the translated pages.

How do I get caching for my translated pages, using W3TC?

Thanks,
Rich

June 29, 2012 at 7:35 am #65402

Harshad

Dear Rich,

At your post here
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/a-different-domain-per-language-does-not-work/#post-65358

You said that Basic settings work for different domains per language.

I can talk to our development team on how Enhanced settings can be worked on domains per language.

As W3TC plugin authors have their own priorities, so can take some time.

The topic ‘[Closed] Are there any known conflicts with WP Super Cache?’ is closed to new replies.