This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 11:34 am #4458041

basv-25

I notice the dropdown icons of the language and currency switcher are not identical in HTML and styling.
Thus, they show different behavior and styling on desktops, tablets and mobiles.
Overall, the language selector looks great but the currency switcher does not.
Example #1: for the language switcher you apply a polished font-awesome icon (fa-angle-down), and the currency dropdown displays a default ‘not as nice’ toggle. hidden link. Is it possible to apply the font-awesome icon to the currency switcher as well?
Example #2: on mobile devices, the drop down icon of the language selector disappears while the currency drop down icon remains visible. And their animation is also different when their list items collapse/expand.
My suggestion would be to make them identical in code, with the same CSS classes so they look and behave identical.

Thanks!

August 26, 2019 at 1:00 pm #4458777

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

It seems like your theme has added some customization to the language switcher, However, I would agree the default design aspects of language switcher and currency switcher is different since they serve a different purpose, Having said that both the switchers are flexible and can be customized as per your requirement

You can customize language switcher as per your need or you can create a new custom design for the language switcher with some basic coding knowledge
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#customizing-menu-language-switchers

The currency switcher can also be customized as per your requirement https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#currency-switcher-as-php-code

Most of the themes customize the looks of these two switchers to match the theme aesthetics.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja