This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 3, 2019 at 8:38 am

paoloC-16

I am trying to: translate ArrowPress Static Block that i inserted into category gallery.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Category Page hidden link

I expected to see: the Arrow Press Static Block inserted into the header category archive page is showed only in english versione becouse shortcode of arrow presse static block is ignored by wpml.

Instead, I got: nothig, shortcode is ignored but all works if i use other shortcode from other plugins.

August 5, 2019 at 9:20 am #4339247

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with the issue.

As far as I know, WordPress doesn’t execute shortcodes within the category descriptions by default. You can test this by disabling WPML and check whether you are able to display the desired output on the category page.

You can try the solution below to enable them: https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/232411/how-get-a-shortcode-working-in-category-description

Kind regards
Raja

August 5, 2019 at 8:57 pm #4343043

paoloC-16

visual composer shortcode works if i insert it into category description. in fact on live site i use templatare shortcode and works both in italian and english category archive page. why this works?

August 6, 2019 at 3:52 am #4344091

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I have checked your site in detail. This seems like compatibility with Aeropress static blocks shortcode. Could you please confirm whether the theme is created on top of Aeropress core or it is a standalone theme that uses Aeropress functionality?

To isolate the compatibility issue. Please install the theme and Aeroplus plugin to the sandbox site
One Click Login:hidden link

Complete all the necessary setup and configuration, WPML is already installed and active please complete the setup as similar to your site. Try reproducing the issue with dummy data.

let me know once done.

Kind regards
Raja

August 16, 2019 at 5:24 pm #4407719

paoloC-16

Active theme is a child teme of Bonfire Theme (hidden link). Can you sendme the link again?

Regards

August 19, 2019 at 5:04 am #4413569

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

please install the theme and Aeroplus plugin to the sandbox site: hidden link

Complete all the necessary setup and configuration, WPML is already installed and active please complete the setup as similar to your site. Try reproducing the issue with dummy data.

August 23, 2019 at 4:14 pm #4448679

paoloC-16

hi, i create the sandbox installatin with bonfire theme and all necessary tool. The problem remain:
product category eng (italian arrowpress static block aren't showed): hidden link

produtc category ita (italian arrowpress static block are showed): hidden link

August 26, 2019 at 11:32 am #4457989

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The issue here is you are trying to use the same block in both languages which resulting in translation not displayed on the frontend. I have changed the Arrow block to display English translation by inserting the static English block title in the shortcode and the Italian version should have the Italian title in the static block shortcode by this way the translation is visible on the frontend.

Since the shortcodes are processed differently the shortcodes should have the translated parameters for it to display perfectly.

Please note it is not possible to display the shortcode from a different language, In your case, you tried to display Italian block in both English and Italian.

Recommended solution: Change the block title in arrow static block shortcode to English in English Category description section

I hope the issue is clear now, let me know if you need further clarification or assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

August 31, 2019 at 5:43 pm #4491277

paoloC-16

I make a mistake but the on my live site i use shortcode of static block in italian for the italian category and shortcode of static block in english for the english category and only one of this was showed so i have to use templatera. i disable all plugin except arrowpress core, woocommerce and wpml tools and i can't see static block (with correct title) in english product category.

August 31, 2019 at 5:45 pm #4491283

paoloC-16

i can give you access to demo.omce.com

September 2, 2019 at 11:16 am #4496471

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I checked your site. I am unable to view the product category page it's stuck in the loading screen ( check the attached image ). Please check the issue let me know once it is fixed. I'm not sure if it is related to the current issue or its something that you can fix by yourself.

The topic ‘[Closed] ArrowPress Static Block not traslated’ is closed to new replies.