This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 11, 2019 at 8:10 pm #4377423

paulineL-3

Hello,

I changed the theme on my website and put it on a development server to do so.
translated pages don't appear linked to eachother on the new theme and when clicking the + to translate I have a page with blocks to translate.
How can I assign the translated pages to their parent pages please so the language switchers work?

Thank you!

August 12, 2019 at 12:06 pm #4380523

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Pauline,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I usually use Duplicator to move websites from live to development (or vice-versa) and everything works fine every time.

If you still need help to connect page translations, you can use the Connect with translations option from the right sidebar (please have a look at the attached screenshot). Just simply edit a page that's not connected to its translation, search for the translation, and save the changes. Can you try this out and tell me how things work, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 15, 2019 at 9:54 am #4399985

paulineL-3

Hi @radu, thank you but I don't have the connect with translations button!
hidden link

How do I get rid of this screen and back to just choosing corresponding page please?

hidden link

Thank you,

Pauline

August 15, 2019 at 9:56 am #4399997

paulineL-3

images in case links don't work!

August 15, 2019 at 11:02 am #4400387

Radu
Supporter

Hey Pauline,

I there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area of the development server, please? This way I can have a look at the page translations and see how can they be connected to the original page.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 16, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4406865

paulineL-3

Hey guys anyone to help me please? this is super urgent and I'm that close to switching to Polylang. Help please!

August 17, 2019 at 5:13 am #4409411

Radu
Supporter

Hey Pauline,

I checked the pages here hidden link and I can see that a couple of of them have the translation (like Cabinet or Droit des transports et de la logistique, for example. Can you tell me if you made any changes in the meantime, please? Or maybe there's a specific page I should check where I can see the issue.

Thanks,
Radu

August 18, 2019 at 11:55 am #4412023

paulineL-3

Hi Radu,

this would be an example of a page that's not linked hidden link thank you!

August 21, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4431109

Radu
Supporter

Hey Pauline,

Can you check again the SIGRID PREISSL page in French and try to use the language switcher from the top of the page, please? Now these buttons should work fine.

If there are other pages that you need help with, please leave here their name (from French), and I'll have a look at them too.

Thanks,
Radu

August 29, 2019 at 7:17 am #4478187

paulineL-3

Hi Radu,

Thank you!

Here are the pages that are not linked:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

If you don't mind explaining the fix I'm happy to fix them! Thanks again you're a lifesaver I need to go live tomorrow!

August 29, 2019 at 9:48 am #4479547

Radu
Supporter

Hey Pauline,

Could you tell me if you changed the password of the account you created for me, please? I tried to use it again right now but it's no longer working.

Also, do you still have access to the live website that you made this development copy from? I think that something went wrong in the process of making the copy and I was gonna ask if you can create a new copy from it using Duplicator this time. This way I can create a local copy of your website and see if the page translations are once again broken.

Thanks,
Radu

August 30, 2019 at 7:25 am #4485027

paulineL-3

Hi Radu,

Sorry to bug you, I need to go live today, can you please tell me how you reassigned the sigrid preissl page so I can do the missing ones?
Thank you!

August 30, 2019 at 10:27 am #4486359

Radu
Supporter

Hey Pauline,

Can you add the same account to the live site so I can download the duplicator package, please? This way, I'll install it on my side and see if the page connections will get messed up again.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Assign translations’ is closed to new replies.