This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sabrinaB-7 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 10, 2018 at 9:45 am #2719364

sabrinaB-7

Tell us what you are trying to do? My theme allows me to asign properties to Agent cards if they have been set up, therefore all assigned properties of this agent are displayed as "assigned properties on the bottom of their "Agent card which you can find under the menu point "Agent"
I have to assign the agent to a property when I am in the edit property mode. (Translation/duplicating the property works fine) But the assigned agent does not seem to be copied over and I have to assign the agent in every language manually. Is there a way around it? Can this be copied over into the translation as well as the taxonomies, photos , meta data etc...

Is there any documentation that you are following? no, cant find any

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? go to directsalesandrentals.com --> Agents --> Poperty search costa blanca for example onky exist now with one assigned property in english and dutch.... it is not displayed under the other languages.

I attached the english language and german language exampleas a screenshot...

September 10, 2018 at 9:51 am #2719495

sabrinaB-7

I forgot to mention..the same happens with the Author field. Once it is set, the Author and agent is the same for every language.

September 11, 2018 at 11:05 am #2723435

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

to verify...when you assign the agents to the properties it works as expected correct ?

i believe you will need to do this manually unless if you can go to WPML->Settings->Post Types Translations and verify if the option is available ; it will be listed within there to set to duplicate over.

September 13, 2018 at 3:06 pm #2732152

sabrinaB-7

Hi, thanks for your reply.
The answer is no, neither the Agent nor the Author is being duplicated or copied into the translation. There is no option for it in the WPML->Settings->Post Types Translations as you stated.
All other details assigned to the property are copied over flawsless. The meta data, the featured image, the content and title, the gallery and taxonomies.
But not the Agent, and Author. They must be assigned indvidually for every translation which cost an aweful lot of time.
Is there some CSS i could use , any ideas?
Regards
Sabrina

September 13, 2018 at 3:15 pm #2732183

sabrinaB-7

Sorry I have to correct myself i didnt realise, the Author yes is being copied which is the user in other words.

The agent is not duplicated and copied.

The Agents is the information which will be shown on the "contact" tab for users, hence it is very important. And also if the property is assigned to an agent it will be additionally displayed under the agent card as a assigned property for the specific agent which only takes place in the default language atm where translations are being copied/duplicated from.
Thanks

September 14, 2018 at 8:01 am #2734440

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

unfortunately this seems to be up to how your plugin/theme that you are using for the properties is configured , and is not caused by a bug or limited by WPML.

from experience , the manual method has always been the case when assigning properties to agents.

we cannot provide a custom solution , but we do recommend contacting our 3rd party contractors that have experience with WPML related projects.

https://wpml.org/contractors/

additionally i can access the backend and take a closer look to verify that all settings are set up correct and that indeed manual assignment of agents is indeed the case and this is not caused by WPML .

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

September 18, 2018 at 8:09 pm #2746467

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

the site seems to be set up correctly.

i do notice that you have Browser language redirect on, therefore please do read the following documentation on SEO and Indexing of your site

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/how-browser-language-redirect-affects-google-indexing/

Regarding the agents, i am afraid that this is the way this is going to work as it will not copy over the selection of an agent, this is not a bug within WPML but rather the way the option is currently working.

September 20, 2018 at 9:26 am #2751597

sabrinaB-7

Thanks for your effort!

October 19, 2018 at 2:36 pm #2832389

sabrinaB-7

Hi, I will try If I still get a reply on this same post.
I have not made any changes on my site, but suddenly noticed that all of a sudden no more meta data is being copied over and duplicated into a new language which is very odd. Taxonomies yes, and title, but no more meta data and galleries etc...