This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 6:55 pm #4357613

Mimo Studio

I have created Cloned(Duplicate posts plugin) a Spanish page(Main language) to use the same structure for my new page. After cloning it, edited the traslation but they were not working(when I click in the flag it does not take me to the traslated pages, it says it does not exists).

Then I deleted permanently those pages(traslations) and from the Spanish page I did the traslation as usually( clone, edit independently and then traslate and save)

Now when I am in the Spanish page I click on english flag and it takes me to the english traslation. Again from the Spanish page I click on the french flag and it takes me to the french traslation. But when I am in the english of french page and click to the french or english page it does not work.

Really very strange issue. The Spanish page is the one that I firstly cloned, I deleted permanently the french and english versions only but I think maybe the Spanish page has something that is making it to not work. I have also deleted WPML caché with no results.

The page is "Snorkel", you can see the Spanish version and the issue here: hidden link

August 7, 2019 at 8:19 pm #4358089

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

When using the Duplicate Posts plugin it creates a clone of your post/page in the current language, this will not create the post/page in the secondary language meaning that the 2 pages will not be linked in the database and that is why it is not working as expected

if you go to your post->edit post->duplicate post into the secondary language what are your results ?

additionally please verify that your post and pages trash is currently empty as that could lead to some similar issues as well

NOTE : i noticed an issue with your language switcher , for example if i go to hidden link it works as expected , but when i am in the Spanish version and scroll over the EN flag it shows the URL link as //fr

[review the bottom left of my screenshot where it shows the URL ]

how are you currently adding your menu language switcher ?

also if you go to WPML->Languages->add footer switcher , does the issue persist ?

August 7, 2019 at 9:06 pm #4358237

Mimo Studio

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I have added the language switcher through WPML options, I have added to the footer menu another language switcher and the issue persists, for me when I am in Spanish language the url of flags are correct(your screenshot is from english version that is where I am telling you the issue is, in french too), then I switch to english or french and then the url are incorrect. As you see when you are in spanish language the traslations are done and working, but not when you are in english or french language.

Do I have to look for to see if the pages ids are correctly assigned in database?

August 7, 2019 at 9:06 pm #4358239

Mimo Studio

Sorry I forgot to tell you that I have inspected the trash and it is currently empty.

August 7, 2019 at 9:34 pm #4358385

Bobby
Supporter

The page is accesible if you go to it directly without using the language switcher therefore this is most likely not a database issue

it seems to be more of compatibility related.

If possible i would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue

NOTE : before doing so please verify that your theme and plugins are at the latest versions (i can see that WPML version is at 4.2.6 at the moment )

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

August 8, 2019 at 8:54 am #4361187

Mimo Studio

Hi, I finally solved the issue created from scratch the new page, and then duplicate, traslate independently any of the languages, it seems the issue comes from Duplicate posts plugin.

Best Regards

August 8, 2019 at 8:09 pm #4365755

Bobby
Supporter

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved , thank you for updating us !