Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
October 7, 2019 at 6:59 am #4704755

Willem-Siebe

I am trying to:

Find the setting "Assume all strings have English original".

In releasenote of string translation Version 3.0.0-b.9 I read:

Allow to use the “Assume all strings have English original” option on any language to improve performance.

See: https://wpml.org/download/wpml-string-translation/?section=changelog

However, I can not find this setting anymore at all.

October 7, 2019 at 7:30 am #4704995

Willem-Siebe

Were you chatting with me? I did not notice that.

However, I have string translation installed, but the setting is nowhere to be found, see screenshot.

October 8, 2019 at 2:34 am #4711713

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I can reproduce this issue in fresh WP and WPML installation, now I will get more info from our developers and let you know.

Thank you

October 8, 2019 at 9:02 am #4713405

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I have got more info from our developers:

“ This option is removed in upcoming versions for performance boost, that’s why you can't see it. String translation is going through a major update to improve speed and performance.

From now on we basically load .mo files now the same way as WordPress does and we just re-write those files if someone wants to change the existing translation of .mo files or we create new ones if .mo files for a plugin <--> language pair doesn't exist.

You can still change the source language of a string OR all strings in a text-domain in the String Translation page (in case that English doesn't make sense).

All strings are assumed to be "registered" in English right now (starting from current beta v3.0.0-b.9) ”

I hope it helps, thanks