This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
October 7, 2019 at 6:59 am #4704755

Willem-Siebe

I am trying to:

Find the setting "Assume all strings have English original".

In releasenote of string translation Version 3.0.0-b.9 I read:

Allow to use the “Assume all strings have English original” option on any language to improve performance.

See: https://wpml.org/download/wpml-string-translation/?section=changelog

However, I can not find this setting anymore at all.

October 7, 2019 at 7:30 am #4704995

Willem-Siebe

Were you chatting with me? I did not notice that.

However, I have string translation installed, but the setting is nowhere to be found, see screenshot.

October 8, 2019 at 2:34 am #4711713

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I can reproduce this issue in fresh WP and WPML installation, now I will get more info from our developers and let you know.

Thank you

October 8, 2019 at 9:02 am #4713405

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I have got more info from our developers:

“ This option is removed in upcoming versions for performance boost, that’s why you can't see it. String translation is going through a major update to improve speed and performance.

From now on we basically load .mo files now the same way as WordPress does and we just re-write those files if someone wants to change the existing translation of .mo files or we create new ones if .mo files for a plugin <--> language pair doesn't exist.

You can still change the source language of a string OR all strings in a text-domain in the String Translation page (in case that English doesn't make sense).

All strings are assumed to be "registered" in English right now (starting from current beta v3.0.0-b.9) ”

I hope it helps, thanks