Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: when trying to enable and save the option "Assume that the original language of all strings is English" in WPML -> Theme and plugin localization, I get the message: "Error: data not saved"

Solution: in the backend there are 2 notices about this option. After closing them, it's possible to save the option.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesM-38 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
January 31, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3148073

jamesM-38

Hi,

Whenever I try and select/check this option I get the following error:

Error: data not saved

Do you know why this is?

Thanks,

James

January 31, 2019 at 3:25 pm #3148562

jamesM-38

Hi,

I can confirm that I've changed the theme header file where that error was but the problem is still there.

Regards,

James

January 31, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3148719

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I think I should take a copy of your site to better check the issue.
I'll send you a private message with the instructions on how to do so.

January 31, 2019 at 6:56 pm #3149458

jamesM-38

Hi Laura,

Thanks for this, everything has just migrated now.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

James

February 1, 2019 at 10:23 am #3151203

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi James,

in the copy, I closed the notices about "Assume that the original language of all strings is English" then try to resave the option, and it worked for me. Could you try that too?

February 1, 2019 at 11:15 am #3151334

jamesM-38

Thanks for that, I didn't think the notices would affect how the settings are saved. I've followed your advice and it worked so thanks for that!

Kind Regards,

James