We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by olafM-4 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 10:07 pm #4675581

olafM-4

We have been using WPML for quite some time, but now the translation fails more than 50% of the time. We update a page in English and then want to propagate the text and design changes to the other languages. We use WPML ATE directly from the backend and update the few text segments that have changed. Submit and check. Many parts of the text are now in English although they have been translated before. The translation is incomplete. Sometimes it works if I delete the translated (old) page and then create it again with ATE. But that does not always help. It is an annoying problem.
The day ends with WPML telling me that now the ATE is not activated. It died.
The bad thing is that the pages have been fully translated before the update. The ATE shows 100% complete. But the page the resulting pages are in a language mix.
see hidden link
and hidden link
also hidden link
These are Portfolio entries. But we have these issues with pages, posts, events, etc.
Any idea how to fix this?

October 1, 2019 at 10:35 pm #4675615

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

As discussed in the Chat, If possible I would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue.

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

NOTE: if access to the live site is not possible and staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin

Thank you,
Bobby

October 2, 2019 at 7:40 am #4677497

olafM-4

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
Where?

October 2, 2019 at 10:11 am #4679033

olafM-4

The issue cannot be solved. The ATE is a utility that is not robust, has no immune system, does not produce error messages and leaves us without a way to fix it.