Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.46 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 2, 2019 at 3:28 pm

olafM-4

Earlier today I asked Bruno Kos to help me on that. He determined that the ATE has synch problems because we use the WP Editor to modify translated pages. We agreed that this might be the issue on hand and we promised to not do this anymore. However, the error happens also when we do not stress ATE.

We create a page in English. Translate to German and Chinese. Then we modify some text, some design, some custom field data in the source page = English. Then we update the translations again. The result is that some text is correctly inserted in German / Chinese and some text is inserted from the source page in English. Nobody has touched the German or Chinese page before the content change. Still, the ATE synch fails.
My workaround is to try again. Sometimes the second attempt works. Sometimes I change a single word in the source to force ATE to change also the translation and simsalabim it works.

If you think you have a way to fix the database or make it more robust, then please pick up this ticket.

October 3, 2019 at 1:09 pm #4687893

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Olaf,

I'll be happy to take a look and see what could be causing the problem. This is indeed unexpected behavior, if you are able to get everything to work by submitting an empty change or sometimes it just works the second time.

As a first step, could you clarify the credentials you sent? I tried to log in using them but it does not work. Please share your credentials again for the login box I've shared in the screenshot below.

I will not make any changes directly to your website but I will check your WPML configuration. To be on the safe side, we recommend taking a backup of your database before providing access to your site. You can back up your site using something like the Duplicator plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Please also let me know if you would be ok with us setting up a test site to try some solutions. This site would be a private clone of your live website, and taken down as soon as your issue is resolved. Alternatively, if you have the ability to create a staging site, we can also try some solutions there.

October 3, 2019 at 2:24 pm
October 3, 2019 at 3:32 pm #4689417

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

Please do create a new ticket for the issue with receiving emails you should not be receiving. I'll bet that gets annoying real fast!

I was able to login to your /dev4 site now. Thanks for explaining how to login. I had tried to do that but I must have been copy pasting incorrectly.

Please allow me some time to test on your dev site and get back to you as soon as I have some insight to share.

October 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm #4690669

olafM-4

good to know you are in. To reproduce the error you can do anything you want in /dev4. Let me know if I can help reproducing the error. For the "New translation job from xxx" e-mail issue, I will open a new ticket when we are done with this one. Then the system offers me to assign it to you. In the moment that isn't an option. Today the e-mail said "There are 180 jobs, which you can take " - oh no. 🙂
My guess is that the WPML server hosting ATE is in overload.

October 4, 2019 at 11:09 am #4695049

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Olaf,

I did some testing on your /dev4/ site and was unable to recreate the issue you are describing. I also took a look at your previous tickets but it looks like you have already used the workaround on the live site pages.

As a next step, the best way to show us what is happening would be to create a new page on your dev or live site (you can keep it draft), translate it, modify it, update the translations and then send us links to the page where some of the content is not correct.

Possibly the issue is only on your live site and not on your dev site but I did not want to modify the live one.

After you recreate the issue, another useful bit of information would be a dump of your database. I will see if I can find something that has been corrupted in there when the translated pages start showing mixed content.

I will let you know that I did find that another user has reported a similar behavior with the page builder (Avia) your theme uses. That issue is still being investigated on our end but if I can confirm that your issue is also because of Avia, then I may be able to provide a fix.

October 4, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4696229

olafM-4

Oh, it is not difficult to give you an example. Look at hidden link on our live site. If your browser is not set to German you will see the Engish page. Then you can select on the page in the menu to see the German page. It is a mix of German and English. In fact, very bad and we should fix it soon. I leave it for you to see.
You can call up ATE and will see that the page is 100% translated, but it does not arrive.

October 5, 2019 at 3:15 pm #4700655

olafM-4

It is getting worse. Today WPML says that I have no permission to use the ATE. See the image attached. I was working on that page (Music Trips) and wanted to propagate a change on the English page to the German and Chinese translation pages. First the Chinese. It resulted again in a mixed language page. The page would be Chinese at the top and the half way down it would be English. Try again and fine. But the German page wouldn't behave. Resubmit didn't cure the issue. So it is now half German and half English. After a few more tries ATE went on strike. Maybe you want to try and see where the root cause is for this.

October 7, 2019 at 10:24 am #4706253

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Olaf,

I hope you had a good weekend despite these headaches!

Please go ahead and fix the pages that are showing mixed content using your workarounds if possible. Your live site shouldn't be left messy while we work out what's happening.

With your permission, I would like to set up a new staging site where we can explore your issues without affecting your visitors. The issue where you keep getting de-authorized for ATE is not one that we have come across before.

Please let me know if that is acceptable to you. We do not keep client data on our test sites and the site will be deleted as soon as this issue is marked resolved.

Also, could you share some of the 180 translation jobs you received a notification about? I am wondering if that is connected to the larger issue with your WPML.

October 7, 2019 at 11:38 am #4706743

olafM-4

Ok, I will go ahead and fix it my way. The dev4 is a copy and will show the same issues. You can make another copy if you prefer. That is fine of course.
Below is the latest email from the system inviting me to translate pages. The number has gone down to 21. The reality is 1.
---
Dear UX Geek,
There are 21 jobs waiting for a translator:
From English to German:
• Link to original document 41595: start translating
• Link to original document 41613: start translating
• Link to original document 41596: start translating
• Link to original document 41614: start translating
• Link to original document 41597: start translating
• Link to original document 41615: start translating
• Link to original document 41598: start translating
• Link to original document 41599: start translating
• Link to original document 41616: start translating
• Link to original document 41617: start translating
• Link to original document 41600: start translating
• Link to original document 41618: start translating
• Link to original document 41601: start translating
• Link to original document 41619: start translating
• Link to original document 41620: start translating
• Link to original document 41602: start translating
• Link to original document 41621: start translating
• Link to original document 41603: start translating
• Link to original document 41617: start translating
----
Sorry, the links are lost in this window and an uploaded image wouldn't help either.

October 9, 2019 at 10:34 am #4721861

olafM-4

Is there any progress? We are desperate to get this issue resolved. Let me know what we can help to ease debugging.

October 10, 2019 at 8:32 am #4728445

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Olaf,

We are still investigating this in a test site that we have set up as a clone of your website. I will have an update for you today.

October 11, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4738659

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Olaf,

I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I am able to recreate the issue and we are working on debugging and finding a solution for this.

Could you please let me know the next time ATE seems to "go on strike" and de-authorize you?

October 14, 2019 at 8:40 am #4748071

olafM-4

Glad to hear that you can replicate the issue. The de-authorize happened only twice in the last 6 months. It happened only after I repeatedly called up ATE on the same page to resubmit the translation as to "force" it to do it right next time. As I said, the issue is that some of the text blocks would just not be delivered as translated but instead the source language text would be showing. Sometimes the redelivery has helped. ATE went on strike after maybe 5 times redelivery. It is a symptom, but not the issue. Deleting the page and recreating it with ATE would fix it. However, we prefer a smooth process of course.

October 15, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4759409

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Olaf,

I'm going to escalate this issue. We have seen similar issues reported using the same page builder. I'm trying to confirm if this issue is the same or a new one and we will update you here when we have a fix or a workaround for you that does not involve trying over and over again.

Thank you for your patience. I'm hopeful that we can resolve this soon.

The topic ‘[Closed] ATE does not deliver all translated content to the target page/post’ is closed to new replies.