This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 7:53 pm #4397255

julieM-11

I am trying to: translate the French version of the charts. Specifically numbers which are written 10,000 in english need to be written as 10 000 for french.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: This page was fine :
hidden link

This page is translated, but the figures in last column of the table weren’t accessible.
hidden link

I expected to see: all columns accounted for on the ATE page, all numbers available for translatio

Instead, I got: some of the columns, some of the numbers

August 15, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4400733

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Can you tell me how these tables are created? Are you using a standard html table, a plugin, page builder, etc?

Also, which content is not showing up on the backend? Perhaps a screenshot of the table on the frontend compared to a screenshot of the ATE content might help me better understand.

Also, please complete the translation, then update the table content that is missing and let's see if when you go back to the translation if the specific column/content is still missing.

August 15, 2019 at 5:30 pm #4402649

julieM-11

I am using Divi Builder but the tables were not built in Divi. They were cut and pasted from the previous website so I believe that would mean they were build in html.

The content in the charts that does not show up is the numbers.

I cannot update the table content that is missing because...it is missing! The page has been completed and it is live in the French language. I have checked back several times and the numbers are still not showing up. The English version of the numbers shows up on the French page...10,000 is the English way of writing...10 000 is the French way of writing (no comma just a space to designate thousands). There is no way of correcting this in the ATE since the numbers do not show up in the ATE.

I have attached an image showing one page (the only one) where the numbers DID show up (hidden link). And a second image of a page where the numbers DID NOT show up (hidden link). All the other pages with tables have the same problem.

August 15, 2019 at 9:15 pm #4403493

julieM-11

Another issue...this page is not translating the copy and the links. The links dont even show up as links on the ATE page. hidden link

see attached.

August 16, 2019 at 2:47 pm #4407107

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

In regards to the links missing, the ATE does not include links. This is because most users don't need to translate links, so keeping them polluted the word count. Internal links can be translated automatically and updated by going to WPML -> Settings and click translate link targets. If you need to manually translate the links, and they are created in a page builder, you can add the shortcode in WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration.

As for the translated content not showing, if you go to WPML -> String Translation and search for the string, do you find it there? Does the translation show as complete?

Lastly, for the HTML table content, it may help if I can see the content. You can either provide me access to your site, or make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

The topic ‘[Closed] ATE is NOT showing numbers in columns on several charts.’ is closed to new replies.