This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: ATE - where does the data live

Solution: The WPML Advance Translation Editor translation itself is being done in a special server(external) that is controlled by WPML Team. When the translation is complete the data is being saved in the site's DB. We will be using WPML Advance Translation Editor for just translation and the translated data will be stored in the client site. So we don't need external service to show the translations.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jeromeV-7 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 23, 2018 at 7:48 pm #2758962

jeromeV-7

Hi, We're new to WMPL. I would like to know : when we use ATE, where do the data live ? On a server somewhere or on the website ? In other words : do we depend on external WMPL service to display translated pages other than the website itself ? When using ATE, is the data sent back to the database of the website ? Thanks, Jerome.

September 25, 2018 at 9:39 am #2763230

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Jerome,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

The WPML Advance Translation Editor translation itself is being done in a special server(external) that is controlled by WPML Team. When the translation is complete the data is being saved in the site's DB. We will be using WPML Advance Translation Editor for just translation and the translated data will be stored in the client site. So we don't need external service to show the translations.

Please check the following documentation to read more about WPML Advance Translation Editor features.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 3, 2018 at 6:30 am #2783553

jeromeV-7

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!