No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Otto 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
March 16, 2019 at 6:39 pm #3361277

Callie Chen

Hello, this happened when I network activated WPML string translation and WPML CMS. At the moment, all I'm seeing is the white screen of death.

All the WPML plugins are updated to the latest version yesterday. And my php memory limit is set at 2GB. Please help!!

Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Unable to parse the language from the translations file in /home/senscoms/public_html/temp/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php:46 Stack trace: #0 /home/senscoms/public_html/temp/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/wpml-st-translations-file-entry.php(165): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Locale->get() #1 /home/senscoms/public_html/temp/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/jed-translations/wpml-st-jed-file-update-hooks.php(47): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Entry->get_file_locale() #2 /home/senscoms/public_html/temp/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_ST_JED_File_Update_Hooks->update_imported_file(Object(WPML_ST_Translations_File_Entry)) #3 /home/senscoms/public_html/temp/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 /home/senscoms/public_html/temp/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/sensco in /home/senscoms/public_html/temp/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php on line 46

I have noticed that WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML Strings Translation have always given me problems whenever I activated them. Previously, I deactivated them since I was still working on my site and don't really need to translate it yet. But now that I need to translate the site, I find that the problem still persists: when the plugins get activated, I get the white screen of death.

Please help, thank you!

March 16, 2019 at 6:47 pm #3361291

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

This forum is intended for how to questions. It seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue.

We committed with the site developer (the license owner, in this case, the user @edwardh-9) that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users-2/

So, I invited to join this ticket so we can try some tests and take a deeper look.

Kind regards,

Otto

March 16, 2019 at 7:12 pm #3361329

edwardH-9

Client has been advised via email. Turn around time on our end is not instant. You contacted me 1 and a half hours ago via email... We will be working to get this issue fixed. Please check your email and we will go from there.

March 17, 2019 at 4:38 am #3362723

Callie Chen

Hi Edward, I have replied to your email. For a faster resolution of this issue, can you approve the WPML support team to provide me with technical support directly for this issue please? Thank you!

March 17, 2019 at 10:14 am #3363133

Callie Chen

Update: My hosting provider advised me to delete the WPML Strings Translation plugin and reinstall a fresh copy.

The WPML Strings Translation plugin has since been deactivated and deleted but I have no way to download and reinstall a fresh copy. Can you please send me the link to do so?

Thank you very much

March 17, 2019 at 10:19 am #3363135

Callie Chen

Update: And the hosting provider has since helped me resolve most of my issues after WPML String Translation plugin was deactivated and deleted:

1. I can now login to my WP Admin dashboard again
2. The white screen of death is no more

Current Problem:

1. I require a link to download and re-install a fresh and updated copy of WPML Strings Translation plugin
2. I would like to have permission given to the WPML technical support team for this ticket so that when I reinstall and reactivate WPML Strings Translation plugin again (which will probably show the white screen of death again), the team can assist to find out the issue and resolve it promptly.

Thank you very much!

March 17, 2019 at 5:46 pm #3364123

Otto
Supporter

Hello Callie,

You can get a copy of all our plugins here:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

but your end user account does not allow you to 🙁

If your site is registered already, you will be able to get it in Plugins > Add new > Commercial (tab)

Let me know if this helps, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

March 17, 2019 at 6:27 pm #3364257

Callie Chen

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your prompt response. I believe my site is registered already but how do I check? I am at plugins > add new

But there's no commercial tab.. What am I supposed to see?

March 17, 2019 at 6:29 pm #3364281

Callie Chen

Oh I see it!! I must activate WPML CMS in order to see it! Thanks Otto!

March 17, 2019 at 6:39 pm #3364289

Otto
Supporter

Great 🙂

Let me know how it goes, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

March 21, 2019 at 7:01 am #3395945

edwardH-9

Hi ottoman you please give support to our client. Thanks.

March 21, 2019 at 7:02 am #3395967

edwardH-9

Sorry autocorrect happened are your name ...

March 24, 2019 at 5:07 pm #3448785

Callie Chen

Hi Otto,

I'm sorry about the late reply as there had been some problems after my hosting provider stepped in to help with the error that I initially reported on 16 March (as per this thread).

Long story short, we are advised to rebuild our site from scratch with a new WordPress installation on a subdomain: dev.sens.com.sg which will be moved to sens.com.sg once the site is completed.

Due to the restrictions on my account, I would like to know how I can reinstall the WPML plugins? Do I download my WPML plugins from ftp, zip the folder, then reupload it to the new wordpress installation? Or can I just copy the whole plugins folder and replace the new site's plugins folder with it?

Please let me know, thank you.

March 25, 2019 at 12:10 pm #3453197

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, just moving the WPML to the new installation will do.

WPML plugins will work without being registered, you only won't be able to auto-update them. But all the features will be available.

If you finally don't change the site URL you will be able to register it with the same key edwardh-9 already provided. If your URL changes, you will need a new key.

For the dev site, you don't need to register WPML.

Let me know if it is clear enough, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

March 25, 2019 at 8:49 pm #3458105

Callie Chen

Hi Otto,

For the dev site, if I don't register WPML, doesn't that mean that the plugins there can't be updated? If that's the case, how do we assess the compatability of future updates?

Are you able to check if I will need a new key? the final site URL is sens.com.sg
Previously, I was on sens.com.sg/temp (the site that is now unusable)

And right now, my dev site is dev.sens.com.sg

Thanks!